英语听书《白鲸记》第621期(在线收听

   Well then, cook, you see this whale-steak of yours was so very bad,  "好吧,厨司,你瞧你做的鲸排多么差,

  that I have put it out of sight as soon as possible; you see that, don't you?  教我只好尽快地把它搞掉;你可看到吗?
  Well, for the future, when you cook another whale-steak for my private table here, the capstan,  那么,为了下一次,你给我再搞一份鲸排的私菜,放到这绞盘上吃,
  I'll tell you what to do so as not to spoil it by overdoing. 我要告诉你该怎样做法,才不会煮得太烂,把它给糟蹋了。
  Hold the steak in one hand, and show a live coal to it with the other; that done, dish it; d'ye hear? 你一只手拿着肉排,另一只手捡起一块通红的炭凑上去;这样一弄,就放到盘里去;你可听到吗?
  And now to-morrow, cook, when we are cutting in the fish, be sure you stand by to get the tips of his fins; have them put in pickle.  那么,厨司,明天我们切大鲸的时候,你一定要等在旁边,去拿那些鱼鳍的尖尖头,把它们放到泡菜汁里。
  As for the ends of the flukes, have them soused, cook. 至于鱼尾巴的那些尖尖头,要把它们拿去腌起来。
  There, now ye may go. 好吧,现在你可以走啦。"
  But Fleece had hardly got three paces off, when he was recalled. 可是,弗里斯刚走了三步,又被叫回来了。
  Cook, give me cutlets for supper to-morrow night in the mid-watch.  厨司,明天晚上值夜班的时候,要拿炸肉片来给我吃晚饭。
  D'ye hear? away you sail then.—Halloa! stop! make a bow before you go.— Avast heaving again!  你听到没有?那么,你滚吧——。喂,停住!要对我鞠个躬后再走。再停一停!
  Whale-balls for breakfast—don't forget. 明天早饭我要吃炸鱼球——别忘记。
  Wish, by gor! whale eat him, 'stead of him eat whale. 天啊,但愿鲸把他吃了,不要叫他吃鲸。
  I'm bressed if he ain't more of shark dan Massa Shark hisself,  要是他不会比鲨鱼先生更鲨鱼气些,那我才有福呢!
  muttered the old man, limping away; with which sage ejaculation he went to his hammock. 这老头儿喃喃道,一瘸一瘸地走了;他说过这番聪明话后,就回到他的吊铺上去。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/434615.html