美国小学英语教材4:第39课 安迪如何帮助他的团队(4)(在线收听) |
"Hello," Francis called. "How's everything?" “你好,”弗朗西斯说道,“一切都好吗?” "I have something important to talk over with you," said Andy. “我有重要的事情要跟你谈,”安迪说。
"But first, would you like to use my roller-skates for a while?" “但是在此之前,你想用一下我的旱冰鞋吗?”
"Would I?"cried Francis in a delighted voice. “我可以吗?”弗朗西斯高兴地喊到。
Andy watched Francis as he sped toward the corner. 安迪看着弗朗西斯向拐角处飞驰而去。
It was true that the new boy did not seem to have much muscle, 这个新来的男孩似乎真的没有多少肌肉,
but his legs were long, and they carried him to the corner and back in a surprisingly short time. 但是他的腿很长,他在令人惊讶的极短时间内到拐角那里做了一次往返。
"It surely is fun to be on skates again!" said Francis happily. “又穿上了旱冰鞋,真是太好了!”弗朗西斯高兴地说。
"How would you like to take my place in the race tomorrow?" Andy asked suddenly. “你愿意代替我参加明天的比赛吗”安迪突然问道。
"What do you mean?" said Francis, looking very much surprised. “你说什么?”弗朗西斯看起来非常吃惊。
"You see," answered Andy, "you're a faster skater than I am. My legs are too short. “你明白的,”安迪回答说,“你比我滑的快,我的腿太短了。
The Sunnysiders just have to win this race, 阳光队必须赢得这场比赛。
and if you take my place, our team is more likely to win. 如果你代替我的话,我们队更有可能取胜。
I'll let you use my skates, and you might practice a while this afternoon." 我会让你用我的旱冰鞋,而且今天下午你可以练习一会儿。”
"What will your captain say?" “你们队长怎么说?”
"I'll make it all right with him. It's for the good of the team." “我会跟他讲好的,一切都是为了团队好。”
"All right," Francis said slowly, "if you're sure, you want me to do it. “那好吧,”弗朗西斯缓慢地说,“如果你确定想让我这样做的话。
You don't know whether I'm any good. 你不知道我滑不滑得好,
The team would be pretty sore at you if I didn't do very well." 如果我表现不好,你们队会生你的气的。”
"You never mind that," replied Andy quickly. “你不用在意。”安迪迅速地回答说,
"I know can help us win. I'll stop by for you in the morning." “我知道你能帮我们取胜,明天早晨我去找你。”
"I'll be ready." Francis promised. “我会准备好的。”弗朗西斯承诺道。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d4c/437132.html |