绿野仙踪 第35期:一只胆小的狮子(3)(在线收听) |
"You are nothing but a big coward.” “你不过一个庞大的胆小鬼罢了。” "I know it," said the Lion, hanging his head in shame. "I've always known it. But how can I help it." “我知道我很怯懦,”狮子说,羞愧地低着头;“我也知道这个的缺点。谁又能帮助我弥补这个缺点呢?”
"I don't know, I'm sure. To think of your striking a stuffed man, like the poor Scarecrow!" “这我也不知道的。你难道没有想过吗,打击一个填塞着稻草的人,就像这个可怜的稻草人!”
"Is he stuffed?" asked the Lion in surprise, as he watched her pick up the Scarecrow and set him upon his feet, while she patted him into shape again. 他真是稻草人吗?”狮子惊讶地问,它一直望着多萝茜把稻草人扶起,并让他站稳,又轻轻地拍着他,使它恢复原来的样子。
"Of course he's stuffed," replied Dorothy, who was still angry. 多萝茜生气地回答:“当然,任何人都看得出来。”
"That's why he went over so easily," remarked the Lion. “这是他容易跌出去的原因,”狮子批评说。
"It astonished me to see him whirl around so. Is the other one stuffed also?" “看他这样地旋转着,倒使我吃惊。另外一个也是稻草人吗?”
"No," said Dorothy, "he's made of tin." “不,”多萝茜说,“他是用铁皮做的。”
And she helped the Tin Woodman up again. 说着,她又去帮助铁皮人站起来。
"That's why he nearly blunted my claws," said the Lion. “怪不得,他几乎都要把我的爪子弄钝了,”狮子说,
"When they scratched against the tin it made a cold shiver run down my back. “当我的脚爪抓着那铁皮时,我的背上一阵冷颤。
What is that little animal you so tender of?" 那只你特别关心的小动物是?”
"He is my dog, Toto." answered Dorothy. 多萝茜回答说:“它是我的狗,名叫托托。”
"Is he made of tin or stuffed?" asked the Lion. 狮子问:“它是用铁皮做的,还是用稻草填塞的?”
"Neither. He's a-a-a meat dog," said the girl. 女孩子说:“都不是。它是有血有肉的狗。”
"Oh! he's a curious animal and seems remarkably small, now that I look at him. 啊!它是一只很有意思的动物,这么小。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shuchong1j/wizardofoz/437195.html |