英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第88期:第六章 惊悚故事(14)(在线收听

 "So you're, what, sixteen?" I asked, trying not to look like an idiot as I fluttered my eyelids the way I'd seen girls do on TV. “那么,你,满十六了吗?”我问道,学着我在电视上看过的那些女孩的样子眨巴着眼睛,尽量不让自己看起来像个傻瓜。

"I just turned fifteen," he confessed, flattered. “我刚满十五岁。”他承认道,显然对我的奉承很是满意。
"Really?" My face was full of false surprise. "I would have thought you were older." “真的?”我脸上堆满了虚伪的惊讶。“我还以为你的年纪会更大些。”
"I'm tall for my age," he explained. “就我的年纪而言,我的个子比较高。”他解释道。
"Do you come up to Forks much?" I asked archly, as if I was hoping for a yes. “你常去福克斯吗?”我狡猾地问道,就好像我在期盼着一个肯定的回答一样。
I sounded idiotic to myself. 我觉得自己的声音听起来像个白痴一样。
I was afraid he would turn on me with disgust and accuse me of my fraud, but he still seemed flattered. 我很害怕他最终会嫌恶我,指责我的虚情假意。但他还是很高兴。
"Not too much," he admitted with a frown. “不太常去。”他皱着眉承认道。
"But when I get my car finished I can go up as much as I want — after I get my license," he amended. “但等我把我的车弄好以后,我就能想去就去了——等我拿到驾照以后。”他稍微修正了一下。
"Who was that other boy Lauren was talking to? He seemed a little old to be hanging out with us." “刚刚和劳伦说话的那个男孩是谁?他似乎老了些,不像是跟我们一起玩的年纪。”
I purposefully lumped myself in with the youngsters, trying to make it clear that I preferred Jacob. 我刻意地把自己归类为年轻人,试图更明白地表示出我更喜欢雅克布。
"That's Sam — he's nineteen," he informed me. “那是山姆——他十九岁了。”他告诉我。
"What was that he was saying about the doctor's family?" I asked innocently. “为什么他要那样说医生一家呢?”我一脸天真地问。
"The Cullens? Oh, they're not supposed to come onto the reservation." “卡伦一家?哦,他们不被允许来保留区。”
He looked away, out toward James Island, as he confirmed what I'd thought I'd heard in Sam's voice. 他看向别处,望着远处的詹姆士岛。但他已经证实了我所认为的自己从山姆的语气里听出的东西。
"Why not?" “为什么不能呢?”
He glanced back at me, biting his lip. "Oops. I'm not supposed to say anything about that." 他回过头看着我,咬住了唇。“噢,我不应该说这些的。”
"Oh, I won't tell anyone, I'm just curious." “哦,我不会告诉任何人的,我只是有点好奇而已。”
I tried to make my smile alluring, wondering if I was laying it on too thick. 我试图让自己的笑容显得更诱人些,但想着自己是不是做得有些过火了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437636.html