英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第128期:第八章 天使港(13)(在线收听) |
"Sometimes I have a problem with my temper, Bella." “有时候我会很难控制住自己的脾气,贝拉。” He was whispering, too, and as he stared out the window, his eyes narrowed into slits. 他也低语道,当他看向窗外的时候,眼睛眯成了两条缝。
"But it wouldn't be helpful for me to turn around and hunt down those..." “但这对我不会有任何好处,即使我掉头回去,找到那些……”
He didn't finish his sentence, looking away, struggling for a moment to control his anger again. 他没把话说完,便移开了视线,再次挣扎了许久,才控制住自己的怒火。
"At least," he continued, "that's what I'm trying to convince myself." “至少,”他继续说道。“这是我努力用力说服自己的借口。”
"Oh." The word seemed inadequate, but I couldn't think of a better response. “哦。”这个词显然不够恰当,但我想不出更好的回答。
We sat in silence again. 我们又一次在沉默中坐着。
I glanced at the clock on the dashboard. It was past six-thirty. 我瞥了一眼仪表板上的时钟。已经六点半了。
"Jessica and Angela will be worried," I murmured. "I was supposed to meet them." “杰西卡和安吉拉会担心的。”我低声说着。“我本来应该去跟她们碰头的。”
He started the engine without another word, turning around smoothly and speeding back toward town. 他一声不响地发动了引擎,流畅地掉转车头,加速冲回镇里去。
We were under the streetlights in no time at all, still going too fast, 我们几乎是立刻就开回了有路灯照明的地方,但车速还是太快,
weaving with ease through the cars slowly cruising the boardwalk. 迂回着穿过观光大道上缓缓开着的车流里的空隙。
He parallel-parked against the curb in a space I would have thought much too small for the Volvo, 他把车平行于路边停了下来,停在了一个我觉得对这辆沃尔沃来说有点太小的空位上,
but he slid in effortlessly in one try. 但他毫不费力地只一次就把车停好了。
I looked out the window to see the lights of La Bella Italia, 我向窗外望去,看见了贝拉餐厅的灯光。
and Jess and Angela just leaving, pacing anxiously away from us. 杰西卡和安吉拉正从店里走出来,焦急地向和我们相反的方向走去。
"How did you know where...?" I began, but then I just shook my head. “你怎么会知道上哪儿……?”我开了口,但随后只是摇头。
I heard the door open and turned to see him getting out. 我听到门开的声音,回头去,却看到他正在下车。
"What are you doing?" I asked. “你要做什么?”我问道。
"I'm taking you to dinner." He smiled slightly, but his eyes were hard. “我要带你去吃晚餐。”他轻轻地微笑着,眼神却依然坚毅。
He stepped out of the car and slammed the door. 他走出车外,把门关上。
I fumbled with my seat belt, and then hurried to get out of the car as well. 我解开安全带,也匆匆忙忙地下了车。
He was waiting for me on the sidewalk. 他在人行道上等着我。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437759.html |