英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第132期:第八章 天使港(17)(在线收听) |
"Oh, come on," I said dubiously. "You have to know the effect you have on people." “哦,得了吧。”我怀疑地说。“你必须知道你会对别人造成的影响。” He tilted his head to one side, and his eyes were curious. "I dazzle people?" 他把头偏向一侧,眼里充满了好奇。“我迷得别人晕头转向?”
"You haven't noticed? Do you think everybody gets their way so easily?" “你没注意到吗?你以为每个人都能那么轻易地为所欲为吗?”
He ignored my questions. "Do I dazzle you?" 他不理会我的问题。“我迷得你晕头转向了吗?”
"Frequently," I admitted. “经常如此。”我承认道。
And then our server arrived, her face expectant. 然后,我们的侍者到了,她一脸的期待。
The hostess had definitely dished behind the scenes, and this new girl didn't look disappointed. 女店主显然已经躲到幕后去上菜了,但这个新来的女孩看上去一点儿也不失望。
She flipped a strand of short black hair behind one ear and smiled with unnecessary warmth. 她把那股短短的黑发拨到耳后,热情得有些过分地笑着。
"Hello. My name is Amber, and I'll be your server tonight. “你好,我的名字是安博,今晚我将是您的侍者。
What can I get you to drink?" I didn't miss that she was speaking only to him. 您想喝点什么吗?”我不会看错的,她只对他一个人说话。
He looked at me. 他看着我。
"I'll have a Coke." It sounded like a question. “我要一杯可乐。”听起来像是个疑问句。
"Two Cokes," he said. “两杯可乐。”他说道。
"I'll be right back with that," she assured him with another unnecessary smile. “马上为您送到。”她用另一个火辣辣的微笑向他保证道。
But he didn't see it. He was watching me. 但他没看见。他在看着我。
"What?" I asked when she left. “怎么了?”等她走开以后,我问道。
His eyes stayed fixed on my face. "How are you feeling?" 他的目光停留在我的脸上:“你感觉怎么样?”
"I'm fine," I replied, surprised by his intensity. “我很好。”我回答道,对他的紧张吃惊不已。
"You don't feel dizzy, sick, cold...?" “你不觉得眩晕,恶心,寒冷……吗?”
"Should I?" “我应该这样觉得吗?”
He chuckled at my puzzled tone. 我的口气里充满了迷惑,这让他轻笑起来。
"Well, I'm actually waiting for you to go into shock." His face twisted up into that perfect crooked smile. “好吧,我本来还在等着你从震惊里回过神来呢。”他歪扭着脸,露出一个完美的弯弯的微笑。
"I don't think that will happen," I said after I could breathe again. “我不觉得会发生那样的事。”直到我能再次顺畅地呼吸,
"I've always been very good at repressing unpleasant things." 我才说道。“我通常很擅长忘掉不愉快的事。” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437763.html |