英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第142期:第九章 理论(6)(在线收听

 "What did you do then?" he asked after a minute. “然后你做了什么?”一分钟以后,他问道。

"I did some research on the Internet." “我在网上搜索了一下。”
"And did that convince you?" “那证实了你的猜想吗?”
His voice sounded barely interested. 他的声音听起来仅仅是感兴趣。
But his hands were clamped hard onto the steering wheel. 但他的手紧紧地钳握住了方向盘。
"No. Nothing fit. Most of it was kind of silly. And then..." I stopped. “不。没有相符的内容。大多数内容都有点愚蠢。然后……”我停了下来。
"What?" “什么?”
"I decided it didn't matter," I whispered. “我决定了,这无关紧要。”我低语道。
"It didn't matter?" His tone made me look up—I had finally broken through his carefully composed mask. “这无关紧要?”他的语气让我抬起头来我最终打破了他小心翼翼地维持着的假面具。
His face was incredulous, with just a hint of the anger I'd feared. 他的脸上写满了怀疑,还带着一丝让我害怕的愤怒。
"No," I said softly. "It doesn't matter to me what you are." “是的。”我柔声说道。“不管你是什么,这对我来说都无关紧要。”
A hard, mocking edge entered his voice. 生硬和嘲弄的色彩渗进了他的声音。
"You don't care if I'm a monster? If I'm not human!" “即使我是个怪物你也不在乎?即使我不是人类!”
"No." He was silent, staring straight ahead again. His face was bleak and cold. “我不在乎。”他沉默了,又一次直视着前方。他的神情阴暗而冷漠。
"You're angry," I sighed. "I shouldn't have said anything." “你生气了。”我叹息道。“我本来应该什么也不说的。”
"No," he said, but his tone was as hard as his face. “不。”他说道,但他的声音和他的表情一样生硬。
"I'd rather know what you're thinking—even if what you're thinking is insane." “我很想知道你在想什么即使你的想法愚蠢透顶。”
"So I'm wrong again?" I challenged. “所以我又错了?”我挑衅道。
"That's not what I was referring to. 'It doesn't matter'!" he quoted, gritting his teeth together. “我不是在说这个。‘这无关紧要’!”他引述着我的话,咬紧了牙关。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437773.html