英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第150期:第九章 理论(14)(在线收听

 We were in front of Charlie's house. 我们开到了查理的房子前。

The lights were on, my truck in its place, everything utterly normal. It was like waking from a dream. 灯亮着,我的卡车还在老地方,一切完全正常。就好像从梦里醒来一样。
He stopped the car, but I didn't move. 他把车停下来,但我没动。
"Do you promise to be there tomorrow?" “你保证明天在那里?”
"I promise." “我保证。”
I considered that for a moment, then nodded. 我思索了片刻,然后点了点头。
I pulled his jacket off, taking one last whiff. 我把夹克脱下来,吸了最后一口香气。
"You can keep it—you don't have a jacket for tomorrow," he reminded me. “你可以留着它——你明天可没有夹克可穿。”他提醒我。
I handed it back to him. "I don't want to have to explain to Charlie." 我把它递还给他。“我可不想被迫向查理解释。”
"Oh, right." He grinned. “哦,好吧。”他咧嘴一笑。
I hesitated, my hand on the door handle, trying to prolong the moment. 我迟疑着,把手放到门柄上,努力拖延着动作。
"Bella?" he asked in a different tone—serious, but hesitant. “贝拉?”他用一种不同寻常的语气问道——严肃,但犹豫。
"Yes?" I turned back to him too eagerly. “嗯?”我太过热切地回过头去看着他。
"Will you promise me something?" “你能向我保证一件事吗?”
"Yes," I said, and instantly regretted my unconditional agreement. “好的。”我刚说完,立刻为自己这个太过绝对的同意后悔了。
What if he asked me to stay away from him? I couldn't keep that promise. 假设他要我远离他呢?我没法信守那样的承诺。
"Don't go into the woods alone." “别再独自一人走到森林里去。”
I stared at him in blank confusion. "Why?" 我完全摸不着头脑,困惑地看着他:“为什么?”
He frowned, and his eyes were tight as he stared past me out the window. 他皱起眉,当他的目光越过我看向窗外时,眼神紧绷着。
"I'm not always the most dangerous thing out there. Let's leave it at that." “在那里我不总是最危险的生物。让我们离它远远的。”
I shuddered slightly at the sudden bleakness in his voice, but I was relieved. 他声音里的阴郁让我微微颤抖着,但我还是很宽慰。
This, at least, was an easy promise to honor. "Whatever you say." 至少,这是个容易遵守的承诺。“如你所愿。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437782.html