英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第152期:第九章 理论(16)(在线收听) |
"Weren't you just with her?" he asked, surprised. “你刚才不是还跟她在一起吗?”他惊讶地问道。 "Yes—but I left my jacket in her car. I want to make sure she brings it tomorrow." “是的——但我把我的夹克落在她车里了。我想让她明天带给我。”
"Well, give her a chance to get home first." “好吧,但先让她有机会回到家。”
"Right," I agreed. “好的。”我同意了。
I went to the kitchen and fell, exhausted, into a chair. 我走进厨房,精疲力竭地坐进一张椅子里。
I was really feeling dizzy now. I wondered if I was going to go into shock after all. 现在我真的觉得头晕目眩起来。我想知道是不是直到现在我才开始震惊得要休克过去。
Get a grip, I told myself. 振作起来,我告诉自己。
The phone rang suddenly, startling me. I yanked it off the hook. 电话忽然响了起来,把我吓了一跳。我把听筒从座机上拉下来。
"Hello?" I asked breathlessly. “你好?”我屏住呼吸,问道。
"Bella?" “贝拉?”
"Hey, Jess, I was just going to call you." “嘿,杰西,我正要打电话给你。”
"You made it home?" Her voice was relieved... and surprised. “你到家了?”她的声音听起来很宽慰……也很惊讶。
"Yes. I left my jacket in your car—could you bring it to me tomorrow?" “是的。我把夹克落在你车上了——你明天能带给我吗?”
"Sure. But tell me what happened!" she demanded. “当然,但要告诉我发生了什么事!”她要求道。
"Um, tomorrow—in Trig, okay?" “呃,明天吧——三角函数课上,好吗?”
She caught on quickly. "Oh, is your dad there?" 她立刻领会过来。“哦,你爸在那里?”
"Yes, that's right." “是的,没错。”
"Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow, then. Bye!" I could hear the impatience in her voice. “好的,我明天拿给你,那么,再见!”我能听出她声音里的急不可耐。
"Bye, Jess." “再见,杰西。”
I walked up the stairs slowly, a heavy stupor clouding my mind. 我慢慢地走上楼,一种沉重的麻木感笼罩着我的头脑。
I went through the motions of getting ready for bed without paying any attention to what I was doing. 我把睡觉前的准备工作流程过了一遍,却完全没有注意到自己在做什么。
It wasn't until I was in the shower—the water too hot, burning my skin—that I realized I was freezing. 直到我淋浴的时候——水太烫了,灼痛了我的肌肤——我才意识到自己快冻僵了。
I shuddered violently for several minutes before the steaming spray could finally relax my rigid muscles. 我剧烈地颤抖了好几分钟,直到喷洒下来的水雾最终让我紧绷的肌肉放松下来。
Then I stood in the shower, too tired to move, until the hot water began to run out. 而后我站在喷头下,累得根本不想动,直到热水快要用完为止。
I stumbled out, wrapping myself securely in a towel, trying to hold the heat from the water in so the aching shivers wouldn't return. 我跌跌绊绊地走出来,安心地用浴巾把自己包裹起来,试图把热水带来的热度保留住,这样那种痛苦的颤抖就不会再发生了。
I dressed for bed swiftly and climbed under my quilt, curling into a ball, hugging myself to keep warm. 我飞快地穿上睡衣,钻到被子底下,蜷缩成球状,紧紧地抱住自己,好让自己暖和些。
A few small shudders trembled through me. 一阵轻微的颤栗传遍了我的全身。
My mind still swirled dizzily, full of images I couldn't understand, and some I fought to repress. 我的大脑依然让人头晕眼花地旋转着,充斥着我无法理解的画面,还有一些我挣扎着不去看的画面。
Nothing seemed clear at first, but as I fell gradually closer to unconsciousness, a few certainties became evident. 一开始根本什么也看不清,但当我渐渐失去意识地时候,几张特定的画面清晰起来。
About three things I was absolutely positive. 有三件事我非常肯定。
First, Edward was a vampire. 第一,爱德华是个吸血鬼。
Second, there was part of him—and I didn't know how potent that part might be—that thirsted for my blood. 第二,他的某一部分——我不知道这一部分能起的效力有多大——在渴望着我的鲜血。
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him. 第三,我毫无保留,无可救药地爱上了他。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437784.html |