英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第155期:第十章 审问(3)(在线收听) |
"No, that's the problem. You take everything so coolly—it's unnatural. It makes me wonder what you're really thinking." “没有。这才是问题所在。你对待每件事都是那么冷淡——这太不寻常了。这让我很想知道你究竟在想些什么。” "I always tell you what I'm really thinking." “我通常都会告诉你我在想些什么。”
"You edit," he accused. “你编辑过了。”他控诉道。
"Not very much." “没改动多少。”
"Enough to drive me insane." “足够让我发疯了。”
"You don't want to hear it," I mumbled, almost whispered. “你不会想要听到的。”我低声说道,几近耳语。
As soon as the words were out, I regretted them. 但话一说出口,我就后悔了。
The pain in my voice was very faint; I could only hope he hadn't noticed it. 我声音里的痛苦非常地微弱,我只能希望他没有注意到。
He didn't respond, and I wondered if I had ruined the mood. 他没有回答。我想知道我是不是把气氛给毁了。
His face was unreadable as we drove into the school parking lot. Something occurred to me belatedly. 当我们开进学校停车场的时候,他的表情让人捉摸不透。我后知后觉地想起来了。
"Where's the rest of your family?" I asked—more than glad to be alone with him, but remembering that his car was usually full. “你的家人在哪里?”我问道——不仅仅是因为和他独处而快乐,更多的是因为想起来他的车通常都是满的。
"They took Rosalie's car." He shrugged as he parked next to a glossy red convertible with the top up. “他们坐罗莎莉的车。”他耸耸肩,把车停到了一辆闪闪发光的,车篷敞开着的火红色敞篷车旁。
"Ostentatious, isn't it?" “太浮夸了,不是吗?”
"Um, wow," I breathed." If she has that, why does she ride with you?" “呃,哇噢,”我喘息着说。“既然她有这辆车,为什么她还要坐你的车呢?”
"Like I said, it's ostentatious. We try to blend in." “就像我说的,这样太浮夸了。我们努力保持低调。”
"You don't succeed." I laughed and shook my head as we got out of the car. “你没成功。”我们一起走出车外时,我大笑着摇了摇头。
"I wasn't late anymore; his lunatic driving had gotten me to school in plenty of time." “如果这样更引人注目的话,为什么今天罗莎莉还要开车呢?”
So why did Rosalie drive today if it's more conspicuous? 我不会迟到了。他疯狂的驾驶让我提前了不少时间到学校。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437789.html |