英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第156期:第十章 审问(4)(在线收听) |
"Hadn't you noticed? I'm breaking all the rules now." “你没注意到吗?现在我把所有的规则都打破了。” He met me at the front of the car, staying very close to my side as we walked onto campus. 他和我在车前碰头,当我们走进校园里的时候,他一直紧挨着我。
I wanted to close that little distance, to reach out and touch him, but I was afraid he wouldn't like me to. 我很想把这段小小的距离消灭掉,想要伸出手触碰他,但我很怕他不喜欢我这样做。
"Why do you have cars like that at all?" I wondered aloud. "If you're looking for privacy?" “为什么你们的车都是那样的呢?”我大声地表达了自己的疑问。“如果你们想要保持隐私的话?”
"An indulgence," he admitted with an impish smile. "We all like to drive fast." “一个嗜好。”他顽皮地笑着,承认道。“我们都喜欢开快车。”
"Figures," I muttered under my breath. “有道理。”我低声呢喃道。
Under the shelter of the cafeteria roof's overhang, Jessica was waiting, her eyes about to bug out of their sockets. 自助餐厅的屋顶伸出的屋檐下,杰西卡在等待着。她的眼球几乎要掉出眼眶来了。
Over her arm, bless her, was my jacket. 在她手臂上的——上帝保佑她——是我的夹克。
"Hey, Jessica," I said when we were a few feet away. “嗨,杰西卡。”当我们走到几英尺外的时候,我说道。
"Thanks for remembering." She handed me my jacket without speaking. “谢谢你还记得。”她把夹克递给我,什么也没说。
"Good morning, Jessica," Edward said politely. “早上好,杰西卡。”爱德华礼貌地说。
It wasn't really his fault that his voice was so irresistible. Or what his eyes were capable of. 他的声音是如此地让人难以抗拒,但这真的不是他的错。也许他的双眸要负上一点责任。
"Er... hi." She shifted her wide eyes to me, trying to gather her jumbled thoughts. “唔……嗨。”她把那双大眼睛移向我,试图找回混乱的思绪。
"I guess I'll see you in Trig." She gave me a meaningful look, and I suppressed a sigh. “我猜,我们三角函数课上见。”她意味深长地看了我一眼,我抑制住了一声叹息。
What on earth was I going to tell her? 我到底要告诉她什么呢?
"Yeah, I'll see you then." “好的,待会儿见。”
She walked away, pausing twice to peek back over her shoulder at us. 她走开了,但途中停顿了两次,从肩膀上偷瞄我们。
"What are you going to tell her?" Edward murmured. “你准备告诉她什么?”爱德华低声说道。
"Hey, I thought you couldn't read my mind!" I hissed. “嘿,我以为你不能读我的心!”我嘘声说着。
"I can't," he said, startled. Then understanding brightened his eyes. “我确实不能。”他惊愕地说。然后,心领神会的神情点亮了他的眼睛。
"However, I can read hers—she'll be waiting to ambush you in class." “但是,我能读她的心——她正等着在课堂上伏击你呢。”
I groaned as I pulled off his jacket and handed it to him, replacing it with my own. He folded it over his arm. 我呻吟了一声,把他的夹克拉下来,递给他,穿上了我自己的夹克。他把它搭在了手臂上。
"So what are you going to tell her?" “那么,你打算告诉她什么?” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437791.html |