英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第161期:第十章 审问(9)(在线收听) |
Then, thankfully, Mr. Varner called on Jessica for an answer. 然后,谢天谢地,温纳老师把杰西卡叫起来,让她回答一个问题。 She didn't get a chance to start on the subject again during class, and as soon as the bell rang, I took evasive action. 整堂课她都没有机会再继续开展这个话题,当铃声响起的时候,我采取了规避话题的行动。
"In English, Mike asked me if you said anything about Monday night," I told her. “英语课的时候,迈克问我你有没有提到周一晚上的事。”我告诉她。
"You're kidding! What did you say?!" she gasped, completely sidetracked. “你一定是在开玩笑!你是怎么说的?”她渴望地喘着气说道,完全被转移了话题。
"I told him you said you had a lot of fun—he looked pleased." “我告诉你说你过得很开心——他看上去很高兴。”
"Tell me exactly what he said, and your exact answer!" “确切地告诉我他是怎么说的,还有你确切的回答!”
We spent the rest of the walk dissecting sentence structures and most of Spanish on a minute description of Mike's facial expressions. 我们把走路的时间都花在了剖析句子结构上,而大部分的西班牙语课都用在了描述那一分钟里迈克的面部表情上。
I wouldn't have helped draw it out for as long as I did if I wasn't worried about the subject returning to me. 我本不会禁得住花那么多的时间在绘声绘色地讲述这一切上,但我不想让话题回到自己身上。
And then the bell rang for lunch. 而后,铃声响了起来,提醒我们午餐时间到了。
As I jumped up out of my seat, shoving my books roughly in my bag, my uplifted expression must have tipped Jessica off. 当我从座位上跳起来,粗暴地把书塞进书包里的时候,我亢奋的表情铁定向杰西卡出卖了我。
"You're not sitting with us today, are you?" she guessed. “你今天不跟我们一起坐,对吧?”她猜测着。
"I don't think so." I couldn't be sure that he wouldn't disappear inconveniently again. “我不这样想。”我不便下定论,他可能会又一次消失不见。
But outside the door to our Spanish class, 但就在我们的西班牙语课教室外,
leaning against the wall looking more like a Greek god than anyone had a right to Edward was waiting for me. 倚着墙的看上去比任何人都有权利更像一位希腊神祗的爱德华正等着我。
Jessica took one look, rolled her eyes, and departed. 杰西卡只看了一眼,转了转眼睛,然后速速闪人。
"See you later, Bella." Her voice was thick with implications. “待会儿见,贝拉。”她的话里充满了浓浓的暗示。
I might have to turn off the ringer on the phone. 也许我得把电话的铃声关掉。
"Hello." His voice was amused and irritated at the same time. “你好。”他的声音同时充满了快乐和懊恼。
He had been listening, it was obvious. 显而易见,他一定偷听了。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437798.html |