英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第162期:第十章 审问(10)(在线收听

 "Hi." “嗨。”

I couldn't think of anything else to say, and he didn't speak—biding his time, I presumed—so it was a quiet walk to the cafeteria. 我想不出别的话可说,而他也没说话——我猜想,是为了让他等会儿的时间更显得宝贵些——所以我们一路沉默着向自助餐厅走去。
Walking with Edward through the crowded lunchtime rush was a lot like my first day here; everyone stared. 和爱德华一起走在午餐时段蜂拥的人潮里很像我第一天来这里的时候,每个人都在盯着看。
He led the way into the line, still not speaking, though his eyes returned to my face every few seconds, their expression speculative. 他带头向排成长龙的队伍走去,还是什么也不说,但每隔几秒钟他的目光就会落在我脸上,里面有着不确定的神情。
It seemed to me that irritation was winning out over amusement as the dominant emotion in his face. 懊恼似乎压倒了快乐,成为了他脸上的主要表情。
I fidgeted nervously with the zipper on my jacket. 我惴惴不安地把玩着夹克上的拉锁。
He stepped up to the counter and filled a tray with food. 他走到柜台前,拿了满满一盘食物。
"What are you doing?" I objected. "You're not getting all that for me?" “你在做什么?”我伉仪道。“你该不会全都是拿给我的吧?”
He shook his head, stepping forward to buy the food. 他摇摇头,走上前去交款。
"Half is for me, of course." “当然,有一半是我的。”
I raised one eyebrow. 我扬起一侧眉头。
He led the way to the same place we'd sat that one time before. 他带路向我们上次坐过的同一个地方走去。
From the other end of the long table, a group of seniors gazed at us in amazement as we sat across from each other. 当我们面对面地坐下来时,长桌的另一头,一群学长们惊奇地注视我们。
Edward seemed oblivious. 爱德华似乎根本没注意到。
"Take whatever you want," he said, pushing the tray toward me. “想吃什么,随便拿。”他说着,把那盘食物推向我。
"I'm curious," I said as I picked up an apple, turning it around in my hands, "what would you do if someone dared you to eat food?" “我很好奇。”我说着,拿起了一个苹果,让它在我手里转着圈。“如果别人问你敢不敢吃食物,你会怎么办?”
"You're always curious." He grimaced, shaking his head. “你总是很好奇。”他扮了个鬼脸,摇了摇头。
He glared at me, holding my eyes as he lifted the slice of pizza off the tray, and deliberately bit off a mouthful, chewed quickly, and then swallowed. 他注视着我,抓住了我的目光,然后从盘子里拿起一片披萨,故意咬了一大口,很快地咀嚼了几下,然后咽下去。
I watched, eyes wide. 我看着这一切,不由得瞪大了眼睛。
"If someone dared you to eat dirt, you could, couldn't you?" he asked condescendingly. “如果有人问你敢不敢吃土,你也会吃的,对吧?”他谦逊地问道。
I wrinkled my nose."I did once...on a dare." 我皱起了鼻子。“我吃过一次……在一次‘敢不敢’大冒险的时候。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437800.html