英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第173期:第十一章 复杂(2)(在线收听) |
The hour seemed very long. 这个小时过得非常漫长。 I couldn't concentrate on the movie—I didn't even know what subject it was on. 我没法把注意力集中在电影上——我甚至不知道它的主旨是什么。
I tried unsuccessfully to relax, but the electric current that seemed to be originating from somewhere in his body never slackened. 我试图放松下来,但没有成功,那股电流似乎是从他身上的某个地方传来的,从未减缓过。
Occasionally I would permit myself a quick glance in his direction, but he never seemed to relax, either. 偶尔我会允许自己飞快地瞥一眼他的方向,但他似乎也从未放松过。
The overpowering craving to touch him also refused to fade, and I crushed my fists safely against my ribs until my fingers were aching with the effort. 那种无法抵抗的,去触碰他的渴望同样不肯消失,我只得把自己的拳头安全地压在了手肘下,直到我的手指开始因为压力而刺痛起来为止。
I breathed a sigh of relief when Mr. Banner flicked the lights back on at the end of class, 当这堂课到达尾声,班纳老师把灯打开的时候,我松了一口气,宽慰地叹息着。
and stretched my arms out in front of me, flexing my stiff fingers. 我把胳膊向前伸去,活动着我僵直的手指。
Edward chuckled beside me. 爱德华在我背后轻笑着。
"Well, that was interesting," he murmured. His voice was dark and his eyes were cautious. “嗯,这很有趣。”他低声说着。他的声音很阴沉,他的眼神十分谨慎。
"Umm," was all I was able to respond. “唔。”是我所能作出的全部反应。
"Shall we?" he asked, rising fluidly. “我们走吧?”他问道,灵活地站了起来。
I almost groaned. Time for Gym. 我几乎要呻吟出声来。体育课时间到。
I stood with care, worried my balance might have been affected by the strange new intensity between us. 我小心地站起来,生怕我的平衡能力会受到我们之间新兴的,古怪的紧张气氛的影响。
He walked me to my next class in silence and paused at the door; I turned to say goodbye. 他沉默地陪着我向下一堂课走去,然后停在了门外,我转身要说再见。
His face startled me—his expression was torn, almost pained, and so fiercely beautiful that the ache to touch him flared as strong as before. 他的脸把我吓了一跳——他的神情是全然的挣扎,几近痛苦,却又如此残酷的美丽。想要触碰他的渴望又熊熊燃烧起来,和之前一样强烈。
My goodbye stuck in my throat. 我的再见卡在了喉咙里。
He raised his hand, hesitant, conflict raging in his eyes, and then swiftly brushed the length of my cheekbone with his fingertips. 他迟疑地伸出手,矛盾在他的眼中迸发着,然后他飞快地用指尖轻轻拂过我的颧骨。
His skin was as icy as ever, but the trail his fingers left on my skin was alarmingly warm—like I'd been burned, but didn't feel the pain of it yet. 他的肌肤还是那样的冰冷,但他的指尖在我的肌肤上走过的足迹却温暖得惊人——就好像我被烧着了一样,却完全没有感觉到灼烧的痛苦。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437816.html |