英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第186期:第十一章 复杂(15)(在线收听) |
"Not even close—but your father will be home soon." “差远了——但你爸爸很快就要到家了。” "Charlie!" I suddenly recalled his existence, and sighed. “查理!”我忽然意识到他的存在,然后叹了口气。
I looked out at the rain-darkened sky, but it gave nothing away. 我看着车外阴雨绵绵的天空,但它没有泄露任何信息。
"How late is it?" I wondered out loud as I glanced at the clock. “现在多晚了?”我一边大声问道,一边瞥了一眼时钟。
I was surprised by the time—Charlie would be driving home now. 我震惊地看到已经是这个时候了——查理现在已经在开车回家的路上了。
"It's twilight," Edward murmured, looking at the western horizon, obscured as it was with clouds. “现在正是暮色时分。”爱德华喃喃低语着,看着西边的地平线,那里被云层覆盖着,晦明不定。
His voice was thoughtful, as if his mind were somewhere far away. 他的声音显得心事重重,仿佛他的思绪正在千里之外。
I stared at him as he gazed unseeingly out the windshield. 我看着他,他向挡风玻璃外看去,却根本不在看任何东西。
I was still staring when his eyes suddenly shifted back to mine. 我一直注视着他,直到他的目光忽然转回来,对上了我的眼睛。
"It's the safest time of day for us," he said, answering the unspoken question in my eyes. “对我们来说,这是一天之中最安全的时候。”他说道,回答了我眼中未说出口的疑问。
"The easiest time. But also the saddest, in a way.. the end of another day, the return of the night. “最容易的时刻。但从某种意义上说,也是最伤感的……又一天的结束,夜晚再度降临。
Darkness is so predictable, don't you think?" 黑暗如此容易预测,你不这样认为吗?”
He smiled wistfully. 他想望地微笑着。
"I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars." I frowned. “我喜欢夜晚。没有黑暗,我们就永远看不到星辰了。”我皱起眉。
"Not that you see them here much." “不过在这里很难看到星星。”
He laughed, and the mood abruptly lightened. 他大笑着,气氛骤然轻松起来。
"Charlie will be here in a few minutes. So, unless you want to tell him that you'll be with me Saturday..." He raised one eyebrow. “查理还有几分钟就要到这儿了。那么,除非你想告诉他周六你会和我一起……”他挑起一侧眉头。
"Thanks, but no thanks." I gathered my books, realizing I was stiff from sitting still so long. "So is it my turn tomorrow, then?" “谢谢,但不必了,谢谢。”我把书收起来,意识到自己因为坐得太久已经有些僵直了。“那么,明天轮到我了?” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438039.html |