英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第192期:第十二章 平衡(4)(在线收听

 "I'm not sure," I hedged. “我不能肯定。”我没有正面回答。

"That was fun, Charlie," Billy said. “比赛太有趣了,查理。”比利说道。
"Come up for the next game," Charlie encouraged. “下一场比赛时再过来。”查理鼓励道。
"Sure, sure," Billy said. "We'll be here. Have a good night." “当然,当然。”比利说道。“我们会再到这里来的。晚安。”
His eyes shifted to mine, and his smile disappeared. 他的目光飞快地转向我的眼睛,他的笑容消失了。
"You take care, Bella," he added seriously. “你要当心,贝拉。”他严肃地补充道。
"Thanks," I muttered, looking away. “谢谢。”我低声说道,看向别处。
I headed for the stairs while Charlie waved from the doorway. 当查理向车道挥手的时候,我径直走上楼。
"Wait, Bella," he said. “等等,贝拉。”他说道。
I cringed. Had Billy gotten something in before I'd joined them in the living room? 我畏缩了一下。难道在我到起居室加入他们以前,比利就已经得手了吗?
But Charlie was relaxed, still grinning from the unexpected visit. 但是查理看起来很轻松,似乎还因为雅比利的突然到访而十分高兴。
"I didn't get a chance to talk to you tonight. How was your day?" “今天晚上我没找到机会跟你说话。你今天过得怎么样?”
"Good." I hesitated with one foot on the first stair, searching for details I could safely share. “很好。”我的脚落在第一级台阶上,我迟疑着,搜寻着可以我安全地分享的细节。
"My badminton team won all four games." “我所在的羽毛球队赢了四场比赛。”
"Wow, I didn't know you could play badminton." “哇噢,我不知道你还会打羽毛球。”
"Well, actually I can't, but my partner is really good," I admitted. “嗯,我确实不会。但我的搭档相当棒。”我坦白道。
"Who is it?" he asked with token interest. 我坦白道。“那是谁?”他带着象征性的兴趣问道。
"Um... Mike Newton," I told him reluctantly. “呃……迈克·牛顿。”我勉强告诉了他。
"Oh yeah—you said you were friends with the Newton kid." He perked up. "Nice family." He mused for a minute. “哦是的——你说过你和牛顿家的孩子是朋友。”他精神为之一振。“不错的一家人。”他沉思了片刻。
"Why didn't you ask him to the dance this weekend?" “你为什么不邀请他参加这周末的舞会呢?”
"Dad!" I groaned. "He's kind of dating my friend Jessica. Besides, you know I can't dance." “爸爸!”我呻吟道。“他几乎可以说是正在和我的朋友杰西卡约会。还有,你知道我不能跳舞。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438056.html