英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第205期:第十二章 平衡(17)(在线收听) |
"What are you thinking?" he asked impatiently after a few moments. “你在想什么?”许久以后,他不耐烦地问道。 I lied again. "Just wondering where we're going." 我又一次撒了谎:“只是想知道我们要去哪里?”
"It's a place I like to go when the weather is nice." “那是天气好时我喜欢去的地方。”
We both glanced out the windows at the thinning clouds after he spoke. 他说完后,我们都看出窗外,看着那片越来越稀薄的云层。
"Charlie said it would be warm today." “查理说今天会很暖和。”
"And did you tell Charlie what you were up to?" he asked. “你告诉查理你要做什么了吗?”他问道。
"Nope." “没有。”
"But Jessica thinks we're going to Seattle together?" He seemed cheered by the idea. “但杰西卡认为我们会一起去西雅图?”他似乎对这念头很是高兴。
"No, I told her you canceled on me—which is true." “不,我告诉她你取消了,不和我一起去——这是事实。”
"No one knows you're with me?" Angrily, now. “没人知道你和我在一起?”现在,生气了。
"That depends... I assume you told Alice?" “那得看情况……我以为你告诉了爱丽丝?”
"That's very helpful, Bella," he snapped. “那确实很有帮助,贝拉。”他吼道。
I pretended I didn't hear that. 我假装没听见。
"Are you so depressed by Forks that it's made you suicidal?" he demanded when I ignored him. “难道你对福克斯如此绝望以致想要自寻死路吗?”当我不理会他时,他诘问道。
"You said it might cause trouble for you... us being together publicly," I reminded him. “你说过这会给你带来麻烦……如果我们公开地在一起。”我提醒他。
"So you're worried about the trouble it might cause me— if you don't come home?" “所以你担心这会给我带来麻烦——如果你没有回家的话?”
His voice was still angry, and bitingly sarcastic. 他的语气依然很愤怒,还有让人刺痛的讽刺。
I nodded, keeping my eyes on the road. 我点点头,继续看着前方的路面。
He muttered something under his breath, speaking so quickly that I couldn't understand. 他用几不可闻地声音喃喃低语着,他说得太快了,我根本没听懂。
We were silent for the rest of the drive. 余下的旅程里我们都沉默了。
I could feel the waves of infuriated disapproval rolling off of him, and I could think of nothing to say. 我能感觉到那股激怒的非难依然席卷着他,但我想不出能说点什么。
And then the road ended, constricting to a thin foot trail with a small wooden marker. 然后,这条路到了尽头,缩减成一条窄窄的无数足迹踩踏出的小路,路旁立着一个小小的木头标志。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438083.html |