英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第230期:第十三章 自白(21)(在线收听

 We sat like that for another immeasurable moment; I wondered if he could be as unwilling to move as I was. 我们像那样坐着,不知坐了多久。我怀疑他是否不情愿改变姿势,就像我一样。

But I could see the light was fading, the shadows of the forest beginning to touch us, and I sighed. 但我能看到光线黯淡下来了,树林的阴影开始延伸到我们身下。我叹了口气。
"You have to go." “你得走了。”
"I thought you couldn't read my mind." “我以为你不能读我的心。”
"It's getting clearer." I could hear a smile in his voice. “我越来越擅长读你的表情了。”我能听到他声音里的笑意。
He took my shoulders and I looked into his face. 他扶起我的肩膀,我看着他的眼睛。
"Can I show you something?" he asked, sudden excitement flaring in his eyes. “我能向你展示某件事吗?”他问道,某种突如其来的兴奋在他眼里一闪而过。
"Show me what?" “向我展示什么?”
"I'll show you how I travel in the forest." “我会向你展示我是怎样在森林里旅行的。”
He saw my expression. 他看见了我的表情。
"Don't worry, you'll be very safe, and we'll get to your truck much faster." “别担心。你会很安全的,而且我们会更快地到达你的卡车。”
His mouth twitched up into that crooked smile so beautiful my heart nearly stopped. 他的嘴唇弯了起来,那个弯弯的笑容是如此的美丽,我的心跳几乎要停拍了。
"Will you turn into a bat?" I asked warily. “你要变成一只蝙蝠吗?”我警惕地问道。
He laughed, louder than I'd ever heard. "Like I haven't heard that one before!" 他大笑起来,甚至比我听过的还有响亮。“好像我之前还没听过这个理论。”
"Right, I'm sure you get that all the time." “没错,我能肯定你始终知道这一点。”
"Come on, little coward, climb on my back." “来吧,胆小鬼,爬到我的背上来。”
I waited to see if he was kidding, but, apparently, he meant it. 我等着看他是否在开玩笑,但是,显然,他就是这个意思。
He smiled as he read my hesitation, and reached for me. 他看懂了我的表情,然后笑了起来,伸手抓住我。
My heart reacted; even though he couldn't hear my thoughts, my pulse always gave me away. 我的心脏立刻有了反应:尽管他听不到我的想法,我的脉搏总是会出卖我。
He then proceeded to sling me onto his back, with very little effort on my part, 他随即把我扔到了背上,我几乎没怎么费劲。
besides, when in place, clamping my legs and arms so tightly around him that it would choke a normal person. 另外,当我爬上去时,我用胳膊和腿紧紧地钳住了他,如果他是一个普通的人类的话,他一定会窒息的。
It was like clinging to a stone. 这像是在紧紧地抱住一块石头。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438347.html