英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第231期:第十三章 自白(22)(在线收听

 "I'm a bit heavier than your average backpack," I warned. “我可是比你平时背的包要沉些。”我警告道。

"Hah!" he snorted. “哈!”他哼了一声。
I could almost hear his eyes rolling. 我几乎能听见他的眼睛在转动。
I'd never seen him in such high spirits before. 我之前从没见过他这样兴高采烈。
He startled me, suddenly grabbing my hand, pressing my palm to his face, and inhaling deeply. 他忽然抓住我的手,把我吓了一跳。他把我的手按在他脸上,然后深吸了一口气。
"Easier all the time," he muttered. “越来越容易了。”他喃喃自语道。
And then he was running. 然后他开始跑起来。
If I'd ever feared death before in his presence, it was nothing compared to how I felt now. 如果之前我真的有因为他的存在而害怕着死亡,那跟我现在的感觉比起来根本就不算什么。
He streaked through the dark, thick underbrush of the forest like a bullet, like a ghost. 他飞奔着穿过森林里黑暗浓密的灌木丛,就像一颗炮弹,就像一个幽灵。
There was no sound, no evidence that his feet touched the earth. 他的脚踏在土地上,既无声音,也无痕迹。
His breathing never changed, never indicated any effort. 他的呼吸从未改变,从没显示出任何用力的迹象。
But the trees flew by at deadly speeds, always missing us by inches. 但那些树在用一种致命的速度飞快地向后退去,通常离我们只有几英寸远。
I was too terrified to close my eyes, though the cool forest air whipped against my face and burned them. 我太害怕了,甚至不敢闭上眼睛,尽管阴凉的森林里的空气飞掠过我的脸,带来一阵灼烧的疼痛。
I felt as if I were stupidly sticking my head out the window of an airplane in flight. 我感觉就像是自己愚蠢地把头伸出了一架正在飞行的飞机的窗口。
And, for the first time in my life, I felt the dizzy faintness of motion sickness. 而且,这是我人生中第一次,因为运动症而感到一阵头晕目眩的虚弱。
Then it was over. 然后,一切都结束了。
We'd hiked hours this morning to reach Edward's meadow, and now, in a matter of minutes, we were back to the truck. 早上我们花了数个小时徒步走到爱德华的草地,而现在,在大约几分钟之内,我们回到了卡车旁。
"Exhilarating, isn't it?" His voice was high, excited. “很爽,不是吗?”他的声音很爽很兴奋。
He stood motionless, waiting for me to climb down. 他一动不动地站着,等着我自己爬下来。
I tried, but my muscles wouldn't respond. 我试过了,但我的肌肉没有反应。
My arms and legs stayed locked around him while my head spun uncomfortably. 我的胳膊和腿依然紧紧地扣在他身上,我的头很不舒服地眩晕着。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438348.html