英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第239期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(3)(在线收听) |
I could tell from the set of his lips, he would say no more on this subject. 我能从他的口吻看出,他不会再说更多关于这个话题的内容了。 I suppressed my curiosity, though it was far from idle. 我按捺住自己的好奇,尽管它远没有消停下来。
There were many things I needed to think through on this particular issue, things that were only beginning to occur to me. 对于这个特殊的问题我还有很多事情需要考虑,而这些事情才刚刚闯入我的脑海。
No doubt his quick mind had already comprehended every aspect that eluded me. 毫无疑问,他敏捷的头脑已经理解了困扰着我的每一个方面。
His soft voice interrupted my thoughts. 他柔和的声音打断了我的思路:
"He acted from loneliness. That's usually the reason behind the choice. “他是出于寂寞才这样做的。这通常是他作出选择的原因。
I was the first in Carlisle's family, though he found Esme soon after. She fell from a cliff. 我是第一个加入卡莱尔的家族的,虽然不久以后他就发现了艾思梅。她从悬崖上跳了下来。
They brought her straight to the hospital morgue, though, somehow, her heart was still beating." 人们径直把她送到了医院的太平间,虽然不知怎的,她的心脏还在跳动。”
"So you must be dying, then, to become..." We never said the word, and I couldn't frame it now. “所以你必须处于濒死的状态,然后,才能变成……”我们从没说过这个词,我不知道该怎么描述它。
"No, that's just Carlisle. He would never do that to someone who had another choice." “不,这只是卡莱尔的做法。只要那人还有别的选择,他就绝不会这样做。”
The respect in his voice was profound whenever he spoke of his father figure. 无论何时他提到他的父亲,他话语里的敬意总是那么的深厚。
"It is easier he says, though," he continued, "if the blood is weak." “不过,他说这样确实会更容易些。”他继续说道。“如果气血很虚的话。”
He looked at the now-dark road, and I could feel the subject closing again. 他看着现在漆黑一片的路面,我能感觉到,这个话题又到此为止了。
"And Emmett and Rosalie?" “然后是艾美特和罗莎莉?”
"Carlisle brought Rosalie to our family next. “接着卡莱尔把罗莎莉带进了我们的家族。
I didn't realize till much later that he was hoping she would be to me what Esme was to him—he was careful with his thoughts around me." 很久以后我才了解到,他希望她能和我在一起,就像艾思梅和他一样——他很小心,从不在我周围想这件事。”
He rolled his eyes. 他转了转眼睛。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438356.html |