英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第243期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(7)(在线收听

 There was so much to think through, so much I still wanted to ask. 我有太多的事情要思考,还有很多的问题要问。

But, to my great embarrassment, my stomach growled. 但是,让我尴尬不已的是,我的胃咆哮起来。
I'd been so intrigued, I hadn't even noticed I was hungry. 我太好奇了,甚至没有注意到自己饿了。
I realized now that I was ravenous. 现在我才意识到,我已经饿坏了。
"I'm sorry, I'm keeping you from dinner." “对不起,我一直没让你去吃晚餐。”
"I'm fine, really." “我很好,真的。”
"I've never spent much time around anyone who eats food. I forget." “我从没和需要吃东西的人一起度过这么长的时间。我忘了。”
"I want to stay with you." “我只想和你待在一起。”
It was easier to say in the darkness, knowing as I spoke how my voice would betray me, my hopeless addiction to him. 在黑暗中这话更容易说出口。当我说的时候,我知道自己的声音会背叛我,把我绝望的迷恋向他表露无遗。
"Can't I come in?" he asked. “我不能进去吗?”他问道。
"Would you like to?" “你愿意吗?”
I couldn't picture it, this godlike creature sitting in my father's shabby kitchen chair. 我根本想象不出这样的画面,这样宛如神祗的人物坐在我父亲那张破烂的餐椅上。
"Yes, if it's all right." “是的,如果可以的话。”
I heard the door close quietly, and almost simultaneously he was outside my door, opening it for me. 我听到他那边的门安静地关上了,而几乎就在同一时刻,他出现在了我这一侧的门外,为我打开门。
"Very human," I complimented him. “很像人类。”我恭维他。
"It's definitely resurfacing." “这只是表面工夫。”
He walked beside me in the night, so quietly I had to peek at him constantly to be sure he was still there. 在这个夜晚,他静静地走在我身旁,他太安静了,以至于我不得不时不时偷看他,确认他还在那里。
In the darkness he looked much more normal. 在黑暗中,他看起来更正常些。
Still pale, still dreamlike in his beauty, but no longer the fantastic sparkling creature of our sunlit afternoon. 依然苍白,依然俊美得宛如梦境,但不再是我们的阳光灿烂的下午里,那个奇妙的闪闪发光的造物。
He reached the door ahead of me and opened it for me. 他比我先走到门前,然后替我开了门。
I paused halfway through the frame. 我正要跨进门框里,却半路停住了。
"The door was unlocked?" “门没锁?”
"No, I used the key from under the eave." “不,我用的是屋檐下的钥匙。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438360.html