英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第243期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(12)(在线收听) |
"Sounds like a good idea to me," I agreed as I headed up the stairs. “听起来对我来说是个不错的主意。”我赞同道,冲上楼。 "'Night, honey," he called after me. “晚安,甜心。”他在我身后喊道。
No doubt he would be listening carefully all evening, waiting for me to try to sneak out. 毫无疑问,他整晚都会竖起耳朵听着,等着我偷偷溜出去。
"See you in the morning, Dad." “明早见,爸爸。”
See you creeping into my room tonight at midnight to check on me. 午夜你摸进我房间检查我时见。
I worked to make my tread sound slow and tired as I walked up the stairs to my room. 当我走上楼梯去回房里时,我设法让自己的脚步声听起来缓慢又疲倦。
I shut the door loud enough for him to hear, and then sprinted on my tiptoes to the window. 我用力关上门好让他听见,然后踮起脚尖走到窗前。
I threw it open and leaned out into the night. 我打开窗户,侧着身子探进夜色里。
My eyes scanned the darkness, the impenetrable shadows of the trees. 我的眼睛在一片黑暗中搜寻着,搜索着那片深不可测的树阴。
"Edward?" I whispered, feeling completely idiotic. “爱德华?”我低声喊着,觉得自己像个彻头彻尾的傻瓜。
The quiet, laughing response came from behind me. "Yes?" 一个安静的,暗笑着的回答从我背后传来。“怎么了?”
I whirled, one hand flying to my throat in surprise. 我急忙转过身来,惊讶地伸出手飞快地掩住了自己的喉头。
He lay, smiling hugely, across my bed, his hands behind his head, his feet dangling off the end, the picture of ease. 他横躺在我的床上,笑得很是开怀,他的手交叠在头后,他的脚在床边上晃悠着,一派怡然自得的画面。
"Oh!" I breathed, sinking unsteadily to the floor. “哦!”我喘息着说,有些不稳地跌坐在地板上。
"I'm sorry." He pressed his lips together, trying to hide his amusement. “我很抱歉。”他闭上嘴,试图隐藏住他的快乐。
"Just give me a minute to restart my heart." “给我一分钟,好让我的心脏重新启动。”
He sat up slowly, so as not to startle me again. 他慢慢地坐起来,以免再次吓到我。
Then he leaned forward and reached out with his long arms to pick me up, gripping the tops of my arms like I was a toddler. 然后他向前侧过身来,伸出他长长的胳膊把我拉起来,紧握着我的肘弯,好像我还是个蹒跚学步的孩子。
He sat me on the bed beside him. 他让我坐到了床上,紧挨着他坐下。
"Why don't you sit with me," he suggested, putting a cold hand on mine. “为什么你不和我一起坐,”他建议着,把一只冰冷的手放到了我的手上。
"How's the heart?" “心脏怎么样?”
"You tell me—I'm sure you hear it better than I do." “你来告诉我——我相信你比我听得更清楚。”
I felt his quiet laughter shake the bed. 我感觉到他安静的笑声让这张床震动起来。
We sat there for a moment in silence, both listening to my heartbeat slow. 我们沉默地坐了片刻,都在听着我的心跳放慢下来。
I thought about having Edward in my room, with my father in the house. 我想到,爱德华在我的房间里,而我爸爸在家里。
"Can I have a minute to be human?" I asked. “能给我一分钟当回人类吗?”我问道。
"Certainly." He gestured with one hand that I should proceed. “当然。”他用一只手示意我继续。
"Stay," I said, trying to look severe. “呆着别动。”我说道,试图摆出严厉的样子。
"Yes, ma'am." And he made a show of becoming a statue on the edge of my bed. “遵命,夫人。”然后他坐在我的床边,夸张地表现出变成一尊雕像的样子。
I hopped up, grabbing my pajamas from off the floor, my bag of toiletries off the desk. 我跳起来,从地板上抓起我的睡衣,从桌子上拿起我的洗漱包。
I left the light off and slipped out, closing the door. 我没开灯,冲出去关上了门。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438408.html |