英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第244期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(13)(在线收听

 I could hear the sound from the TV rising up the stairs. 我能听到楼梯下传来的电视声。

I banged the bathroom door loudly, so Charlie wouldn't come up to bother me. 我砰地一声用力关上了门,这样查理就不会上来烦我了。
I meant to hurry. 我想要更快一些。
I brushed my teeth fiercely, trying to be thorough and speedy, removing all traces of lasagna. 我粗暴地刷着牙,试图做得既彻底又迅速,除掉所有意大利宽面条的痕迹。
But the hot water of the shower couldn't be rushed. 但喷头里的热水可不赶时间。
It unknotted the muscles in my back, calmed my pulse. 热水纾解了我背上的肌肉,让我的脉搏镇定下来。
The familiar smell of my shampoo made me feel like I might be the same person I had been this morning. 我所熟悉的洗发水的味道让我感觉到自己还是今天早上的那个我。
I tried not to think of Edward, sitting in my room, waiting, because then I had to start all over with the calming process. 我试着不去想爱德华,他正坐在我房间里,等着我。因为那样的话,我又得把整个让自己冷静下来的步骤重来一遍。
Finally, I couldn't delay anymore. 最终,我再也不能拖延了。
I shut off the water, toweling hastily, rushing again. 我关掉水龙头,慌忙地裹上浴巾,又开始匆忙起来。
I pulled on my holey t-shirt and gray sweatpants. 我穿上那件有洞的T恤衫和一条灰色的运动裤。
Too late to regret not packing the Victoria's Secret silk pajamas my mother got me two birthdays ago, 已经太迟了,我真后悔没带那套“维多利亚的秘密”牌丝绸睡衣,那是上上次生日时我母亲送给我的礼物,
which still had the tags on them in a drawer somewhere back home. 它们依然连标签都没拆,放在我家那边的衣橱的某个角落里。
I rubbed the towel through my hair again, and then yanked the brush through it quickly. 我又开始用毛巾擦着头发,然后飞快地用发刷用力地梳着头发。
I threw the towel in the hamper, flung my brush and toothpaste into my bag. 我把毛巾扔进洗衣篮里,把发刷和牙膏扔进包里。
Then I dashed down the stairs so Charlie could see that I was in my pajamas, with wet hair. 然后我冲下楼梯,这样查理就能看见我已经穿着睡衣,头发湿漉漉的。
"'Night, Dad." “晚安,爸爸。”
"'Night, Bella." “晚安,贝拉。”
He did look startled by my appearance. 他看上去确实被我的形象吓到了。
Maybe that would keep him from checking on me tonight. 也许这会让他今晚不再来检查我。
I took the stairs two at a time, trying to be quiet, and flew into my room, closing the door tightly behind me. 我一次迈过两级楼梯,试图让自己的脚步安静些,然后飞奔回房里,紧紧地关上身后的门。
Edward hadn't moved a fraction of an inch, a carving of Adonis perched on my faded quilt. 爱德华甚至没有移动过零点一英寸,他看上去像坐在我褪色的被子上的一尊阿多尼斯雕像。
I smiled, and his lips twitched, the statue coming to life. 我笑了起来,他的嘴唇扭曲着,这尊雕像复活了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438409.html