英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第247期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(16)(在线收听) |
He shrugged, allowing that, and we both laughed in whispers. 他耸耸肩,对此表示默认,然后我们都低声地大笑起来。 "But how can it be so easy now?" I pressed. "This afternoon..." “可这一切现在为什么会变得那么容易呢?”我强调道。“今天下午……”
"It's not easy," he sighed. “这并不容易,”他叹息着说。
"But this afternoon, I was still... undecided. I am sorry about that, it was unforgivable for me to behave so." “但今天下午,我依然……犹豫不决。我对此很抱歉,我居然做出那样的事,实在是不可原谅。”
"Not unforgivable," I disagreed. “并不是不可原谅的。”我不同意。
"Thank you." He smiled. “谢谢。”他笑了起来。
"You see," he continued, looking down now, "I wasn't sure if I was strong enough..." “你看,”他继续说着,却垂下了头。“我不能肯定我是否足够坚强……”
He picked up one of my hands and pressed it lightly to his face. 他拿起我的一只手,轻轻地按在他脸上。
"And while there was still that possibility that I might be... overcome"—he breathed in the scent at my wrist—"I was... susceptible. “依然存在着这样的可能性,我可能会被……征服”——他深吸着我手腕上的味道——“我还是……很容易受影响。
Until I made up my mind that I was strong enough, that there was no possibility at all that I would... that I ever could..." 只有当我下定决心时,我才足够坚强。这样才不会有任何可能性,任何我会……我可能……”
I'd never seen him struggle so hard for words. It was so... human. 我从没见过他这样艰难地挣扎着,选择着合适的词语。这一切是那么的……像人类。
"So there's no possibility now?" “所以现在没有任何可能性咯?”
"Mind over matter," he repeated, smiling, his teeth bright even in the darkness. “精神胜于物质。”他重复道,笑了起来,他的皓齿即使在黑暗中依然是那么的明亮。
"Wow, that was easy," I said. “哇噢,那就容易多了。”我说道。
He threw back his head and laughed, quietly as a whisper, but still exuberantly. 他仰起头,大笑起来,安静地像在耳语,但依然生气勃勃。
"Easy for you!" he amended, touching my nose with his fingertip. “对你来说是容易!”他更正道,用指尖轻抚着我的鼻子。
And then his face was abruptly serious. 然后他的脸忽然严峻起来。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438412.html |