英语听书《海底两万里》第396期 第25章 地中海四十八小时(22)(在线收听

 I would have stayed longer at my window, marveling at these beauties of sea and sky, but the panels closed.  我停留在玻璃窗面前,欣赏海和天的美景,我停留了很久,一直到嵌板闭起来。

Just then the Nautilus had arrived at the perpendicular face of that high wall. How the ship would maneuver I hadn't a guess.  这时候,诺第留斯号到了那座高墙壁立垂直的地方了。它怎样行驶,我无法猜测。
I repaired to my stateroom. The Nautilus did not stir.  我回房间中来,诺第留斯号不动了。
I fell asleep with the firm intention of waking up in just a few hours. 我睡觉的时候,打定主意,只唾几小时就要醒来。
But it was eight o'clock the next day when I returned to the lounge.  但第二天我到厅中来看,已经八点了。
I stared at the pressure gauge. It told me that the Nautilus was afloat on the surface of the ocean. Furthermore, I heard the sound of footsteps on the platform.  我看一下压力表,晓得诺第留斯号是在洋面上行走。同时我也听到平台上有脚步声。
Yet there were no rolling movements to indicate the presence of waves undulating above me. 可是船没有一点摇摆,并不表示出海上波浪起伏的情况。
I climbed as far as the hatch. It was open. But instead of the broad daylight I was expecting, I found that I was surrounded by total darkness.  我一直上到嵌板边,板是敞开的,但我一看,并不是我所想的大白天,四周都是一片漆黑。
Where were we? Had I been mistaken? Was it still night? No! Not one star was twinkling, and nighttime is never so utterly black. 我们是在哪里?我是搞错了吗?现在还是黑夜吗?不!没有一颗星光照耀着。并且就是黑夜也没有这样的漆黑。
I wasn't sure what to think, when a voice said to me:Is that you, professor? 我简直没有法子想象,这时候,有人声对我说:教授,是您吗?
Ah, Captain Nemo! I replied. Where are we? 啊!尼摩船长,我回答,我们现在在哪里呢?
Underground, professor. 教授,在地下呢。
Underground! I exclaimed. And the Nautilus is still floating? 在地下!我喊道,但诺第留斯号还是浮着走呢?
It always floats. 它老是浮着走的。
But I don't understand! 那,我可真不懂了?
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/439913.html