英语听书《海底两万里》第468期 第28章 惊奇还是意外(10)(在线收听) |
Yes, Ned Land repeated, "so long as we get out!" “是的,”尼德?兰重复道,“只要我们能出去!” I strolled for a little while from the lounge into the library. 我从客厅到图书室来回地走了一些时候。
My companions kept their seats and didn't move. 我的同伴们坐着,一言不发。
Soon I threw myself down on a couch and picked up a book, 不久我躺在长沙发上,拿着一本书,
which my eyes skimmed mechanically. 两眼机械地看下去。
A quarter of an hour later, Conseil approached me, saying: 一刻钟后,康塞尔走近前来,对我说:
Is it deeply fascinating, this volume master is reading? “先生看的书很有趣吗?”
Tremendously fascinating, I replied. “很有趣。"我回答。
I believe it. Master is reading his own book! “我想是很有趣。先生看的书是先生写的书哩!”
My own book? “我写的书吗?”
Indeed, my hands were holding my own work on the great ocean depths. 正是,我手中拿着的是那本《海底的神秘》。
I hadn't even suspected. 我真是没有想到呢。
I closed the book and resumed my strolling. 我把书合起来,我又来回地走起来了。
Ned and Conseil stood up to leave. 尼德?兰和康塞尔两人站起来,要走开。
Stay here, my friends, I said, stopping them. “朋友们,请留下,”我拉住他们说,
"Let's stay together until we're out of this blind alley." “我们留在直到我们退出这条走不通的道路。
As master wishes, Conseil replied. “如先生所愿,”康塞尔答道,
The hours passed. I often studied the instruments hanging on the lounge wall. “几小时过去了,我时常看那挂在客厅墙壁上的机械压力表指出,
The pressure gauge indicated that the Nautilus stayed at a constant depth of 300 meters, 诺第留斯号保持在三百米深的一定水层中,
the compass that it kept heading south, 罗盘总是指向南,
the log that it was traveling at a speed of twenty miles per hour, 测程器的记录是速度每小时二十海里,
an excessive speed in such a cramped area. 在紧窄的水道中来说,这是过快的速度。
But Captain Nemo knew that by this point there was no such thing as too fast, 尼摩船长知道船行不能过快,
since minutes were now worth centuries. 但这时候,几分钟简直等于几世纪呢。
At 8:25 a second collision took place. 八点二十五分,第二次冲撞发生了。
This time astern. I grew pale. 这一次是在船后部。我面色发白了。
My companions came over. 我的同伴们走到我身边来。
I clutched Conseil's hand. 我拉着康塞尔的手。
Our eyes questioned each other, 我们面面相觑,
and more directly than if our thoughts had been translated into words. 拿眼光来代替说话,这比用语言来表示我们的思想,好像更为直接些,
Just then the captain entered the lounge. I went to him. 这个时候,尼摩船长走进厅中来,我迎向前去。
Our path is barred to the south? I asked him. 我问他:“南边的路也堵住了吗?”
Yes, sir. When it overturned, that iceberg closed off every exit. “是的,先生。冰山翻倒的时候把所有的出口都堵住了。”
We're boxed in? “我们是被封锁了吗?”
Yes. “是的。"
End of chapter 15 第十五章完 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440252.html |