英语听书《海底两万里》第478期 第30章 从合恩角到亚马逊河(1)(在线收听

 Chapter 17 From Cape Horn to the Amazon 第十七章 从合恩角到亚马逊河

How I got onto the platform I'm unable to say. 我怎样到平台上来,我不能说。
Perhaps the Canadian transferred me there. 或者是加拿大人把我抱上来的。
But I could breathe, I could inhale the life-giving sea air. 但我呼吸、我细细尝到那大海的兴奋刺激的空气了。
Next to me my two companions were getting tipsy on the fresh oxygen particles. 我的两个同伴在我旁边也尽情狂吸这新鲜的空气。
Poor souls who have suffered from long starvation mustn't pounce heedlessly on the first food given them. 不幸受苦的人们长久没有吃东西,是不能马上尽情乱吃人们第一次给他们的食物的;
We, on the other hand, didn't have to practice such moderation: 我们却正相反,我们用不着节制,
we could suck the atoms from the air by the lungful, 我们可以尽各人的肺量吸取这海上的空气。
and it was the breeze, the breeze itself, that poured into us this luxurious intoxication! 而给我们送来这种快意迷醉的,正是那海风,正是那海风!
"Ahhh!" Conseil was putting in. "What fine oxygen! “啊!”康塞尔说,“多么美妙的氧气!
Let master have no fears about breathing. 先生不用怕呼吸了!
There's enough for everyone." 现在并不缺少,人人都可以有了。”
As for Ned Land, he didn't say a word, but his wide-open jaws would have scared off a shark. 至于尼德·兰,他不说话,但他张开大嘴,简直要让鲨鱼看见都害怕。
And what powerful inhalations! 多么大力的呼吸!
The Canadian "drew" like a furnace going full blast. 加拿大人好像正在燃烧的火炉,在那里“抽气”呢。
Our strength returned promptly, and when I looked around, I saw that we were alone on the platform. 我们的气力很快就恢复过来,我看一下我们周围,在平台上的只有我们三人:
No crewmen. Not even Captain Nemo. 没有一个船上的人员。尼摩船长也不见。
Those strange seamen on the Nautilus were content with the oxygen circulating inside. 诺第留斯号的奇怪的水手们仅仅呼吸那流通到船内的空气就满足了。
Not one of them had come up to enjoy the open air. 没有一人出来享受那外面的新鲜空气。
The first words I pronounced were words of appreciation and gratitude to my two companions. 我说的第一句话是对我的两个同伴表示感激和多谢的话。
Ned and Conseil had kept me alive during the final hours of our long death throes.  尼德·兰和康塞尔在长期痛苦的最后数小时中延续了我的生命,
But no expression of thanks could repay them fully for such devotion. 把我所有的感谢拿出来偿付这种牺牲精神并不算过多。
"Good lord, professor," Ned Land answered me, "don't mention it! “好!教授,”尼德·兰回答我,“这事值得说出来吗!
What did we do that's so praiseworthy? Not a thing. 我们对这事有什么值得称赞的地方吗?一点都没有。
It was a question of simple arithmetic. 这只是一个算术问题。
Your life is worth more than ours.  您的生命比我们的有价值。
So we had to save it." 所以必须保存。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440262.html