英语听书《白鲸记》第846期(在线收听) |
No, I don't, said the captain, "but his mother did; he was born with it. 不,我没数,那个船长说,"不过,他母亲准有数;他生下来就有这个洞洞。 Oh, you solemn rogue, you—you Bunger! was there ever such another Bunger in the watery world? 啊,你真是个大流氓,你——你这彭格!在水乡里可找得到第二个这样的彭格么?
Bunger, when you die, you ought to die in pickle, you dog; you should be preserved to future ages, you rascal." 彭格,你将来死的时候,要死在泡菜卤里才好,你这狗东西;得把你永远腌藏下来,传给后代,你这恶棍。"
What became of the White Whale? now cried Ahab, who thus far had been impatiently listening to this byeplay between the two Englishmen. 白鲸结果怎样啦?这时,亚哈叫道,他对这两个英国人的枝蔓的谈话已经听得很不耐烦了。
Oh! cried the one-armed captain, Oh, yes! 啊!那个独臂船长嚷道,"啊,不错!
Well; after he sounded, we didn't see him again for some time; 唔;它一潜进水里后,我们就有好一阵子没再看到它;
in fact, as I before hinted, I didn't then know what whale it was that had served me such a trick, 事实上,我刚才已经说过,那条对我耍了这个把戏的究竟是什么鲸,我当时确实不知道,
till some time afterwards, when coming back to the Line, we heard about Moby Dick—as some call him—and then I knew it was he." 还是直到后来,在回到赤道线上去的时候,我们才听到莫比-迪克——有些人这样叫它——的传说,我这才知道原来就是它。"
Did'st thou cross his wake again? Twice. 你可再去追击它吗?追了两回。
But could not fasten? 没能把它拴住么?
Didn't want to try to; ain't one limb enough? What should I do without this other arm? 不想再试啦;掉了一只臂膀还不够么?再搞掉一只,可叫我怎么好?
And I'm thinking Moby Dick doesn't bite so much as he swallows. 不过,我认为莫比-迪克,咬人不厉害,噬人才可怕。
Well, then, interrupted Bunger, "give him your left arm for bait to get the right. 唔,那么,彭格插嘴说,"你索性伸出你的左手去引引它,让它来咬你的右手。
Do you know, gentlemen"—very gravely and mathematically bowing to each Captain in succession—" 你们可知道,两位先生,"——他庄重而严正地对两个船长先后鞠个躬——"
Do you know, gentlemen, that the digestive organs of the whale are so inscrutably constructed by Divine Providence, 你们可知道,两位先生,造物主给大鲸多么巧妙地造出了一副消化器官,
that it is quite impossible for him to completely digest even a man's arm? 所以它才连一只人臂也无法一下子完全消化。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/442757.html |