ESL杰夫的一天 第99期:休息 邮件和垃圾讲解(1)(在线收听) |
Part nine is called "Relaxing, the Mail, and the Trash." 第九部分称为“休息”、邮件和垃圾。 We begin with the sentence "With the dinner dishes done," 我们以“由于晚餐餐具洗好擦干了”这个句子开始,
the dinner dishes are the dishes we use to eat our dinner, and when I say they are done, I mean that they are washed and dried. 晚餐餐具是我们用来吃晚餐的餐具,当我说“they are done”,我是指它们洗好并擦干了。
So, "With the dinner dishes" washed and dried, "my wife and I sit down on the couch to chill out." 因此,“由于晚餐餐具”洗好擦干了,“我和我妻子坐在沙发上歇息。”
To chill, "chill," out, "out," (two words) means to relax. “To chill out”(两个字)是“休息”的意思。
Sometimes we use this expression as a command. 我们有时会把这个短语当做命令使用。
If someone is very excited, you may say, "Hey, chill out," means relax, don't be so excited. 如果有人非常兴奋,你可能会说,“Hey, chill out”,意思就是放松点,别那么兴奋。
You will also hear just the word chill. 你也可能只会听到“chill”这个词。
"Hey, chill," that's informal for relax, don't be so excited. “Hey, chill,”,这是“放松点,别那么兴奋”的非正式表达。
You will also hear people say, "I'm just chilling." 你还会听到有人说,“I'm just chilling。”
I am just chilling means I'm just relaxing. Again, that's very informal. “I'm just chilling”的意思是“我正在休息”。这也是非正式表达。
Well, my wife and I are chilling, and we're watching the national news. 那个,我和我妻子正在歇息,我们正在看国内新闻。
The national news is the news broadcast on television, and in Los Angeles, this is at 6:30 in the evening — it comes on at 6:30. 国内新闻是电视上的新闻广播,在洛杉矶,国内新闻在晚上6:30开播。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/443182.html |