英语笑话听力+文本:向你的烦恼说再见(在线收听) |
Unit1 Gets your troubles goodbye 第一节 向你的烦恼说再见 A Jew, an Indian and a black were lined up to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. 一位犹太人、一位印第安人和一位黑人列队进入天国之门。
Said the Jew to St. Peter, 66 Frankly, I'm rather surprised to be here. 那位犹太人对圣彼得说:"坦白讲,能到这里让我蛮惊讶的,
All my life Christians have despised and reviled me. " 我一辈子一直都受到基督徒的轻视和侮辱。"
"That's a great sorrow to us," said St. Peter, "我们实在感到非常遗憾,"圣彼得说,
"but you won't find that kind of prejudice here. "但我们这里没有那样的偏见,
Here, all are truly equal. Just spell God and you may enter. " 这里每个人都完全平等,只要拼出God这个词你就能进入天堂。"
the Jew truly spell out god and was swept through the gates. 那名犹太人正确地拼出God后,被招入门内。
Next,the Indian came forward and said, 接着印第安人走向前说道
"St.Peter,all my life I suffered from poverty and discrimination,and could only live in a reservation. "圣彼得,我一辈子饱受贫穷和种族歧视的打击,而且只能住在居留地内
Will I truly be free here?" 我在这里能得到真正的自由吗?"
"My son, your troubles are over. "小兄弟,你的烦恼已经结束了,
Just spell the word God you will be free as a bird. " 只要拼出God这个词,你就能像小鸟一样自由自在。"
The Indian obliged and he, too, entered the Heavenly Kingdom. 印第安人照着做,不久也被引入天堂。
Next, the black man strode forward. 接着那名黑人跨步向前,
"St. Peter," he said, "all my life people looked down on me and treated me unfairly. That won't happen here, will it?" "圣彼得,"他说道,"一辈子人们都瞧不起我,不公平对待我,在这里那些事不会发生吧!"
"Of course not, my boy. We don't do that kind of thing here. "当然不会,我的弟兄,我们不会做那样的事,
Just spell" onomatopoeia "and the Kingdom of Heaven is yours " 只要拼出onomatopoeia这个词,天堂之国就是你的了!" |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jokes/445481.html |