美国小学英语教材4:第83课 便鞋比赛(9)(在线收听) |
"The pond is so muddy that I cannot see the bottom," said the young man; “池塘水太浑了,我看不见底,”年轻人说。 "and so I must feel for the sandals." “我得去摸。”
Then he ducked his head under again 然后他又低下头
and the children saw his feet go in last like the flopping tail of a great fish. 孩子们看见他的双脚像大鱼扑通扑通的尾巴最后入水。
He was under for a long time. 他在水下待了很久。
But suddenly—up he came, and in his hand was the rope with the wet sandals dangling from it. 突然,他上来了,手里拿着一根绳子,上面挂着湿漉漉的草鞋。
Ting Fang helped to pull in the rope himself and counted the sandals as they came out of the I water. 方廷帮忙拉绳子,一只只地数着从河里捡上来草鞋。
He had lost only a few, and even without those he still had more sandals than anyone else. 只丢了几只,即使没有这几只,他也比任何人多。
"Thank you, thank you!" Ting Fang said to the hero who had saved his sandals. “谢谢,谢谢!”方廷对帮他捡草鞋的英雄说道。
"Now my mother can cook our supper tonight. “今晚妈妈可以做晚饭了。
But how did you learn to dive so well?" he asked. 但你的水性怎么可以这么好呢?”方廷问道。
The tall young man smiled. "I am a sailor," he answered. 高个子的年轻人笑了笑。“我是水手,”他说。
"On my ship there is a workman who used to earn his living by diving for pearls, “在我的船上,有一个船夫过去以潜水采珠为生,
and he has taught me how to dive. 他教我潜水。
This man and I amuse ourselves by dropping things overboard 5 and then bringing them back to the ship." 我和他通过把东西从船上扔下去然后带回船上自娱自乐。”
"How did you know about this wonderful diver?"Ting Fang asked the little girl. “你是怎么认识这个了不起的水手的?”方廷问小女孩。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d4c/451190.html |