绿野仙踪 第110期:奥芝的秘密(3)(在线收听

 Presently they heard a solemn Voice, that seemed to come from somewhere near the top of the great dome, and it said: 没多久,他们听到一个声音,似乎从靠近那巨大的圆屋顶上传下来的,郑重地说道:

"I am Oz, the Great and Terrible. Why do you seek me?" “我是伟大的可怕的奥芝。你们为什么要来找我?”

They looked again in every part of the room, and then, seeing no one, Dorothy asked, "Where are you?" 他们的目光搜寻着宫殿里的每一个角落,一个人也没有,多萝茜发问道:“你在哪里?”

"I am everywhere," answered the Voice, "but to the eyes of common mortals I am invisible.  “任何地方我都在,”声音回答说,“一个普通人的眼睛,是看不见我的。

I will now seat myself upon my throne, that you may converse with me."  现在我已经坐在我的宝座上,让你们能够对着我。”

Indeed, the Voice seemed just then to come straight from the throne itself;  真的,这声音似乎从那宝座那里对直发出来的;

so they walked toward it and stood in a row while Dorothy said: 所以他们朝着宝座走去,排成一行,接着多萝茜说道:

"We have come to claim our promise, O Oz." “啊,伟大的奥芝,我们来请求你,实践你对我们的许诺。”

"What promise?" asked Oz. “实践什么?”奥芝问。

"You promised to send me back to Kansas when the Wicked Witch was destroyed," said the girl. “你答应在那坏女巫被杀死了以后,把我送回堪萨斯州去,”女孩子说。

"And you promised to give me brains," said the Scarecrow. “你许诺给我脑子,”稻草人说。

"And you promised to give me a heart," said the Tin Woodman. “你允许给我一颗心,”铁皮人说。

"And you promised to give me courage," said the Cowardly Lion. “你答应给我胆量,”胆小的狮子说。

"Is the Wicked Witch really destroyed?" asked the Voice, and Dorothy thought it trembled a little. “你们真的杀死了那女巫吗?”对面的声音在质问她,多萝茜感到这声音似乎在颤抖。

"Yes," she answered, "I melted her with a bucket of water." 她回答说:“是的,是我用一木桶的水浇溶了她。”

"Dear me," said the Voice, "how sudden! Well, come to me tomorrow, for I must have time to think it over." “那么,”声音说,“好吧,明天还到我这里来,现在太急促了!因为我一定要有一点儿时间,考虑清楚。”

"You've had plenty of time already," said the Tin Woodman angrily. 铁皮人忿忿地说:“你已经考虑了很久了。”

"We shan't wait a day longer," said the Scarecrow. 稻草人说:“我们再也不愿意等哪怕是一天了。”

"You must keep your promises to us!" exclaimed Dorothy. 多萝茜高声叫着:“你一定要遵守你对我们的许诺!”

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shuchong1j/wizardofoz/452357.html