第492期:英语美文-A New Level of Thinking(在线收听

   英语美文-A New Level of Thinking

  《早餐英语》曾经给大家分享过《高效能人士的7个习惯》,今天我们想再给大家分享一下这一本书的另外一些篇章。今天这段文字很宝贵的地方就在于告诉我们要跳出“自我”,站在另外的角度和高度看待你所面临的问题。文字中引用了一句爱因斯坦很经典的话,我自己也非常喜欢:
  我们面临的重大问题,是无法通过我们以产生问题时,相同的思维方式解决的。
  接下来我们就细细品味下这段文字。
  New Words
  paradigm n. 范例;词形变化表
  interpersonal adj. 人际的;人与人之间的
  sidestep vt. 回避;横跨一步躲避
  latitude n. 纬度;界限;活动范围
  trustworthy adj. 可靠的;可信赖的
  Albert Einstein observed, "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
  爱因斯坦曾说:“我们面临的重大问题,是无法通过我们以产生问题时,相同的思维方式解决的。”
  We need a new level, a deeper level of thinking-- a paradigm based on the principles that accurately describe the territory of effective human being and interacting -- to solve these deep concerns.
  我们需要新的、更深层次的思想水平,即基于原则的思维定式,它能正确引导我们实现高效能,改善人际关系,解 决深层问题。
  This new level of thinking is what Seven Habits of Highly Effective People is about. It's a
  principle-centered, character-based, "Inside-Out" approach to personal and interpersonal effectiveness.
  这种新的思想水平就是《高效能人士的七个习惯》要阐述的内容,它强调以原则为中心,以品德为基础,要求“由内而外”地实现个人效能和人际效能。
  "Inside-Out" means to start first with self; even more fundamentally, to start with the most inside
  part of self -- with your paradigms, your character, and your motives.
  “由内而外”的意思是从自身做起,甚至更彻底一些,从自己的内心做起,包括自己的思维定式、品德操守和动机。
  It says if you want to have a happy marriage, be the kind of person who generates positive energy
  and sidesteps negative energy rather than empowering it.
  如果你想拥有美满的婚姻,那么就做一个能产生助力而非阻力的人,不要一味强求对方。
  If you want to have a more pleasant, cooperative teenager, be a more understanding, empathic, consistent, loving parent.
  如果你希望青春期的子女更听话,更讨人喜欢,那么先做个言行一致、充满爱心且懂得体谅的父母。
  If you want to have more freedom, more latitude in your job, be a more responsible, a more helpful, a more contributing employee.
  如果你希望在工作上享有更多自由与自主,那么先做个更负责尽职的员工。
  If you want to be trusted, be trustworthy.
  如果你希望获得信任,那么先做个值得信任的人。
  If you want the secondary greatness of recognized talent, focus first on primary greatness of character.
  如果你希望才华不被埋没,那么先修养自己的基本品德。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kkzcyy/457179.html