第526期:当你运气好到爆时, 用英文怎么表达呢?(在线收听

   早上起床,没有什么比一段超级能量的音乐更加让人清醒了。Coldplay 的Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall 就给我一种浑身过电,奔跑中兴奋地追逐的晨光的狂喜。欢快的节奏和带感的贝斯,还有马汀独特的鼻音超重的唱腔,不信你们听:

  And all the kids they dance all the kids dance all night
  孩子们啊不知疲倦的通宵跳着舞
  Until Monday morning feels another life
  不知不觉,周一的早晨悄悄降临,又是一个新的开始
  I turn the music up
  我将音乐音量调大
  I'm on a roll this time
  我这次鸿运当头
  And heaven is in sight
  天堂触手可及
  Origin
  The phrase dates back to the time when gambling was a common occurrence. When someone kept rolling the dice it meant that they were winning. It is derived from the idea when something starts rolling, it will continue to do so if there is no outside force that stops it. The phrase was used to describe a prolonged winning streak.
  这个短语可以追溯到赌博普遍存在的时期。当有人持续掷骰子时,就意味着他们赢了。这个短语取自于如果某物没有外界干涉,一直转动的状态。这个短语被用来形容长时间的连胜。
  on a roll: having a long period of success or good fortune
  运气好;超常发挥;做得很顺
  Example Sentences
  Our team has won eleven out of twelve matches this season. We are on a roll.
  我们队在本赛季的十二场比赛中赢了十一场。我们实在是超常发挥了。
  I am going to bet on the hockey tonight. Our team has been on a roll this season.
  今晚我要赌曲棍球。本赛季我们队一直处于领先状态。
  Their party is on a roll this year. I think they are going to win the election.
  他们的政党今年在运气很好。我认为他们会赢得选举。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kkzcyy/457213.html