美国小学英语教材4:第129课 每个国家都有自己的英雄(5)(在线收听) |
Waving his spear, the man cried, "Who are you who come to this shore, armed with swords and shields? 那人挥舞着长矛,喊道:“带着剑和盾来到这里,你们是谁? I must know, or you cannot pass, for you may be enemies of our king." 我必须知道,否则你们不能通过,因为你们可能是我们国王的敌人。”
Beowulf answered, "We are Goths, and we come as friends to this land. 贝奥武夫回答说:“我们是哥特人,我们是以朋友的身份来到这片土地。
We have heard that there is a terrible enemy among the Danes, and I have come to help King Hrothgar." 我们听说丹麦人一个可怕的敌人,我是来帮助赫罗斯加国王的。”
"If you have come to help us, you are indeed welcome," said the guard. "Follow me, and I will lead you to the king." “如果你是来帮助我们的话,我们确实欢迎你,”卫兵说。“跟我来,我带你去见国王。”
Beowulf and his companions climbed up the rocky path and followed their guide until they could see a huge building. 贝奥武夫和他的同伴们爬上石路,跟着士兵,直至看到一座大殿。
Then the guard stopped. "There is the great hall," he said, "and there you will find the king. 然后士兵停了下来,说:“那里是大殿,在那里你们可以找到国王。”
I will go back to the cliff and watch, for now you cannot miss the way." 我要回到悬崖边去值守,现在你不会迷路了。”
So the Goths marched forward until they came to the hall. 于是哥特人向前走,一直走到大殿。
At their knock, a servant came out and asked from what country they had come. 他们敲门,一个仆人出来问他们来自哪个国家。
Beowulf answered, "My name is Beowulf, and I come from the land of the Goths. 贝奥武夫回答说:“我叫贝奥武夫,是哥特人。
I will tell my story to King Hrothgar himself, if he will listen to me. 如果赫罗斯加国王愿意听的话,我愿意把我的故事讲给他听。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d4c/463306.html |