英语听书《白鲸记》第918期(在线收听

 Oh! that is the one, sir! Said I not all seams and dents but one? 啊!就是这一样东西!先生,我刚才不是说过除了一样东西吗?

Aye, blacksmith, it is the one; aye, man, it is unsmoothable; 不错,铁匠,就是这一样东西;是呀,老朋友,这是不光坦的,
for though thou only see'st it here in my flesh, it has worked down into the bone of my skull — that is all wrinkles! 你虽然只看到它是长在我这地方的皮肉上,可它却直钻通到我的头盖骨——全都是皱褶呀!
But, away with child's play; no more gaffs and pikes to-day. 可是,说正经的;今天别再打什么矛尖和标枪啦。
Look ye here! jingling the leathern bag, as if it were full of gold coins. 你瞧!皮袋里叮当作响,仿佛那里面装满许多金币。
"I, too, want a harpoon made; one that a thousand yoke of fiends could not part, Perth; something that will stick in a whale like his own fin-bone. "我也要打一根标枪;要打一根无数的恶魔都折不断的标枪;柏斯,打得它一戳进鲸身,就象是长在鲸身上的鳍骨那般。
There's the stuff," flinging the pouch upon the anvil. 材料就在这里,"他把袋口朝铁砧一抖。
"Look ye, blacksmith, these are the gathered nail-stubbs of the steel shoes of racing horses." "你瞧,铁匠,这些都是我搜集来的骏马蹄铁的钉头钉脑。"
Horse-shoe stubbs, sir? Why, Captain Ahab, thou hast here, then, the best and stubbornest stuff we blacksmiths ever work. 马蹄铁的钉头钉脑,先生?亚哈船长,这么说来,你这些东西,真是我们铁匠从来没有打过的最好最硬的材料。
I know it, old man; these stubbs will weld together like glue from the melted bones of murderers. 我知道,老头;这些钉头钉脑焊接起来,就象是把凶手熬煮后的骨胶一样。
Quick! forge me the harpoon. 快!给我铸一根标枪。
And forge me first, twelve rods for its shank; then wind, and twist, and hammer these twelve together like the yarns and strands of a tow-line. 先给我熔铸成十二根棒条;然后,把它弄弯,弄曲,再把这十二根棒条给绞在一起,绞得象根绞起来的大缆索。
Quick! I'll blow the fire. 快!我来拉风箱。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/463582.html