美国小学英语教材3:第163课 统治者约瑟(7)(在线收听

 We have been very wicked and have made our father very sad. 我们曾经非常的邪恶,让我们的父亲非常忧伤。

Many years ago we hated our young brother Joseph so much that we sold him. 许多年前,我们恨年幼的弟弟约瑟,所以卖了他。
Our father has been very sad ever since, and from that day on, we have never been happy. 从那以后,我们的父亲就非常忧伤,而且从那天开始,我们再也没有开心过了。
Now, if harm should come to Benjamin, our father would die!" 现在,如果本杰明再受到什么伤害,我们的父亲就会死的!”
As he spoke, the poor man began to weep, and all the brothers wept with him. 说到这里,这个可怜的人就哭了起来,其他所有的兄弟也同他一起哭了。
Oh, my dear brothers! cried Joseph, while the tears ran down his cheeks, too. “我亲爱的哥哥们!”约瑟大声说道,眼泪从脸颊流淌下来,
"I am Joseph. Now I know that you love Benjamin, and I believe that you will love me. " “我是约瑟。现在我知道你们爱本杰明,我相信你们也会爱我。”
Are you Joseph? asked one of the brothers. "Can you forgive us for what we did?" “你是约瑟吗?”一个哥哥问道,“你能原谅我们当时的所作所为吗?”
I forgave you long ago, said Joseph, "Do not weep any more, for God has been very good to me in this land. “我早就原谅你们了。”约瑟说道,“不要再哭了,因为上帝在这片土地上眷顾了我。
If my father were only here, I should be perfectly happy!" 要是父亲在这儿的话,我会高兴坏的!”
Before long, Joseph had his wish, for his father came to Egypt and lived there, with his twelve sons around him. 不久以后,约瑟的愿望实现了。他的父亲来到了埃及并住在了那里,十二个儿子陪伴着他。
Then Joseph was not only the greatest man in all Egypt, but also the happiest. 约瑟不仅仅是全埃及最伟大的人,也是最幸福的人。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d3c/467892.html