美国小学英语教材3:第164课 歌者大卫(1)(在线收听

 David, The Singer 歌者大卫

David, like Joseph, was a shepherd boy of long ago who became a great ruler. 和约瑟一样,大卫很久以前是一名牧童,后来成为了一个伟大的统治者。
But, as you read the story, you will find that David is remembered today for something else than being a king. 但是,在你读完这则故事的时候,你会发现大卫为世人所记住的不仅仅因为他是一个国王。
David's Life As A Shepherd 大卫的牧羊生活
Mother, I wish I were old enough to be a soldier like my brothers! said a young shepherd boy in Bethlehem, many years ago. 许多年前,有个住在伯利恒的小牧童说:妈妈,我希望自已能够马上长大,像我的哥哥样成为一名战士!
"Our king is so good and so brave that I want to do something for him, to show him my love." 我们的国王那么善良,那么勇敢,我想为他效力,表现出我对他的爱戴。
I hope you will be able to sometime, David, answered his mother, "but you must wait until you are older. 大卫,我希望你将来能够成为那样的人,他的妈妈回答说,但是必须等到你长大以后才可以哦。
Now get your harp and sing for me the beautiful song I heard you singing as you came home this evening." 现在,拿着你的竖琴,给我唱一唱今天晚上回家时你给我唱的那首好听的歌曲。
Did you like it, Mother? I made up the words when I was out in the fields today. 妈妈,你喜欢那首歌吗?那是我今天在地里时作的词。
I was trying to thank God for taking care of me and my sheep. 那时,我在全心全意地感谢上帝眷顾了我和我的羊群。
Months passed, and David said no more about being a soldier, but went on with his work as a shepherd. 几个月过去了,大卫不再提成为一名战土的事情,而是继续做着一个牧童该做的事。
Sometimes he took his sheep so far to find green pastures that he could not get home before dark. 有时,他把羊群带到很远的地方才能找到草地,所以没法在天黑前回到家。
Then he would stay all night in the fields with his flock. 这时他就会整夜都和羊群待在地里。
There was no sleep for David on these nights, for often he could hear the lions roaring. 对大卫来说,这样的夜晚都是不眠夜,因为他经常能听到狮子的咆哮。
Hour after hour he would sit, watching to see that no harm came to his sheep. 他会坐上几个小时,看守他的羊群,使它们不受到伤害。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d3c/467894.html