英语听书《白鲸记》第944期(在线收听

 Aye, aye, men! cried Ahab. "Look up at it; mark it well; the white flame but lights the way to the White Whale! 喂,喂,朋友们!亚哈叫道。"抬头看看上边;好好地记住,这股白焰就是照引着到白鲸那里去的路!

Hand me those mainmast links there; I would fain feel this pulse, and let mine beat against it; blood against fire! So." 把主桅上那些链环递给我;我要来摸一摸这脉搏,让我的脉搏贴着那脉搏一起跳动;血贴着火!就这样。"
Then turning — the last link held fast in his left hand, he put his foot upon the Parsee; 于是,他一转身——左手紧抓着最末一个链环,脚踏在那个祆教徒身上;
and with fixed upward eye, and high-flung right arm, he stood erect before the lofty tri-pointed trinity of flames. 眼睛呆瞪瞪的往上望,右手甩得高高的,笔挺站在那高高耸起的三股火焰前面。
Oh! thou clear spirit of clear fire, whom on these seas I as Persian once did worship, 你这真火的真神啊!我曾经在这海域象波斯人一样崇拜过你,
till in the sacramental act so burned by thee, that to this hour I bear the scar; 后来在受圣礼时,让你给烧得这副样子,至今身上还有疤痕,
I now know thee, thou clear spirit, and I now know that thy right worship is defiance. 我这会儿了解你,了解你这真神了,我这会儿才知道对你的真正的崇拜就是蔑视。
To neither love nor reverence wilt thou be kind; and e'en for hate thou canst but kill; and all are killed. 不论是爱戴,还是崇敬,你都无动于衷,甚至因为嫌恶,你就要杀,一切都要被你杀尽杀绝。
No fearless fool now fronts thee. 现在没有一个无所畏惧的傻瓜敢来冒犯你了。
I own thy speechless, placeless power; 我承认你具有说不出的。摸不准的权力;
but to the last gasp of my earthquake life will dispute its unconditional, unintegral mastery in me. 可是,我这地震似的生命,至死都要抗拒那无条件而无所不至的控制着我的这种权力。
In the midst of the personified impersonal, a personality stands here. 在无人格的人中,也还有个性。
Though but a point at best; whenceso'er I came; whereso'er I go; 尽管充其量不过有一点点,然而我从哪里来,就要到那里去;
yet while I earthly live, the queenly personality lives in me, and feels her royal rights. 只要我还生活在人间,我身上就有威严的个性,而且感到有一种高贵的权利。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/468965.html