美国小学英语教材3:第171课 圣乔治与恶龙(2)(在线收听) |
Once he told him of a baby who had been stolen from home and left in a field, where he was found by a poor plowman. 有一次,他讲到了一个婴儿,这个婴儿被人从家里偷了出来,丢在了地里。后来,他被一个贫穷的农夫发现了。 The plowman named the baby George, said his father, "and when he went out to the fields, he carried George with him. 农夫给婴儿起名为乔治,他的父亲说,他去地里的时候会带着乔治。
Before long, the baby was a little boy, running after the plow and calling the plowman 'father.'" 不久之后,这个婴儿长成了一个小男孩,他总是跟在犁的后面跑,喊这个农夫爸爸。
Why, Father, cried George, when the story was finished, "that is just like you and me!" 故事结束的时候,乔治说:哎,爸爸,故事说的就好像是你和我。
Yes, George. You were the dear little baby, and I am the plowman who found you. 没错,乔治,你就是那个可爱的小婴儿,我就是那个发现你的农夫。
But I hope that some day you will find your own father, for I know he must be a great man! 但是我希望有一天你能找到你的亲生父亲,因为我知道他一定是个伟大的人!
I don't want to find him, said the little boy. "I want to stay with you, always!" 我不想去找他,我想永远和你在一起!小男孩说。
George Becomes a Knight 乔治成为了一名骑士
Father, said George one day, several years later, "I am tall and strong now. 几年后的一天,乔治说:爸爸,我现在又高又壮。
I want to go out and help someone who is in trouble. I know I can do good, even though I am not a knight." 我想出去帮助那些有因难的人。虽然我不是个骑上,但我知道我会做得很好。
You are right, George, and I shall not keep you back. 乔治,你说的没错,我不会阻止你的。
There is much trouble in the world, and strong, brave men are needed to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. 世界上有许许多多的困难,需要强壮而勇敢的人为那些自己无法与困难抗争的人而战斗。
Do you think the queen would send me to help someone, just as she sends her knights? 你认为女王陛下会像派她的骑士那样派我去帮助人们吗?
Go to the palace and ask her, my boy, answered the father. 我的孩子,去王宫问问她吧。父亲回答道。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d3c/469647.html |