美国小学英语教材4:第191课 第一个感恩节(2)(在线收听) |
Mother. undefined 快擦擦眼泪,玛丽,让我们想想我们还能心存感激的许多事吧。
The best cure for sorrow is work, and you have had plenty of work here. You have been a great help to us. 治疗悲伤最好的方法就是工作,你在这儿做了很多工作,帮了我们大忙了。
I am glad that you were sent here when the homeless children were divided among us. 我很高兴分派无家可归的孩子时,你能来我们家。
Betty. I am glad, too, that you live with us, Mary. You teach me so many useful things. 贝蒂:玛丽,我也很高兴你和我们住在一起。你教会了我很多有用的东西。
May I get my sampler and work on it now, Mother, while you spin? 妈妈,你纺纱时,我能拿着刺绣样本绣吗?
Will you show me what stitches to take next? 你能告诉我下面要怎么绣吗?
Mother. Not for a little while, Betty. Just now you must watch the porridge, and stir it when necessary. 妈妈:得等一会,贝蒂。你现在必须看着粥锅,需要搅拌搅拌。
Edward. undefined
I hear steps, Mother! 爱德华:
我听到脚步声了,妈妈!
Mother. It must be your father. Run quickly, Betty, and open the door. Stir that log, Edward. 妈妈:一定是你们的父亲。贝蒂,快去开门。爱德华,翻圆木。
Betty. undefined
是父亲,约翰·奥尔登和他在一起。
Father and John Alden enter. 父亲和约翰·奥尔登走进屋。
Father. Come in, John, and sit by our fire for a while. 父亲:进来,约翰,在炉火旁做一会儿。
The good wife will be glad to have a chat with you before you go on your way. 继续上路前,我善良的妻子会很高兴和你聊会天。
John Alden. undefined
你们好。
How warm and comfortable you are here! 你们这里真是温暖又舒适啊!
Mother. Yes, things are much better with Plymouth Colony than they were a year ago. 妈妈:是的,普利茅斯殖民地的情况比一年前好多了。
Mary. Oh, that terrible winter! I can never forget it. 玛丽:哦,那可怕的冬天啊!我永远也无法忘记。
Mother. It is better to think of the good we have than to be unhappy over what we cannot change. 妈妈:想想我们拥有的美好,总比为那些无法改变的事情而难过要好。
Father. We have much to be thankful for. Less than a year ago we had nothing to eat except our small supply of Indian corn, and were afraid that even that would soon be gone. 父亲:我们要感谢的事有很多。不到一年前,除了少量的玉蜀黍外,我们什么也吃不到,而且我们担心连玉蜀黍都会很快吃完。
John Alden. Well do I remember the day when our share was but five kernels of corn each. 约翰·奥尔登:我还记得那时候我们每人的份额只有五个玉米粒。
Now we have food in plenty. undefined
Aunt Ruth. How thankful we should be that our lives were spared in that dreadful time, and that our harvest has been so large. 露丝姨妈:我们应该感激我们在那么可怕的时刻能够得以幸免,而且还能大丰收。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d4c/472919.html |