英语听书《白鲸记》第976期(在线收听) |
And yet, a coffin with a body in it rings pretty much the same, Carpenter. 而且,里边装有死尸的棺材也同样会响出很中听的声音来。 Hast thou ever helped carry a bier, and heard the coffin knock against the churchyard gate, going in? 木匠,你可曾帮人抬过棺架,在抬进坟场门口的时候,听到棺材跟门相碰的声音嘛?
Faith, sir, I've- 真的,先生,我曾——
Faith? What's that? 真的?是怎么一种声音?
Why, faith, sir, it's only a sort of exclamation-like — that's all, sir. 真的,真的,先生,那只不过有点象大叫大喊的声音——就是这么回事,先生。
Um, um; go on. 唔,唔,说下去吧。
I was about to say, sir, that- 先生,我正想说——
Art thou a silk-worm? Dost thou spin thy own shroud out of thyself? Look at thy bosom! Despatch! and get these traps out of sight. 你是一条蚕嘛?你是打你自己身上为你自己织尸布嘛?你看你的胸兜!赶紧把这些零星杂物给我收起。
He goes aft. That was sudden, now; but squalls come sudden in hot latitudes. 他往船梢走啦。唔,这真是个冷不防。不过,在热带地方,大风往往就是冷不防刮过来的。
I've heard that the Isle of Albermarle, one of the Gallipagos, is cut by the Equator right in the middle. 我听说,加利巴哥斯有个叫做亚伯马里的小岛,就是让赤道对中一劈切成两半。
Seems to me some sort of Equator cuts yon old man, too, right in his middle. 哼,依我看来,这老头儿,也有点象让赤道那样,在他身上对中切成两半的样子。
He's always under the Line — fiery hot, I tell ye! He's looking this way — come, oakum; quick. Here we go again. 他钻来钻去,老是钻在赤道下面——我老实告诉你,那儿真热得象火一样!他在朝这边望啦——唔,麻絮呀,快点。我们重新来过。
This wooden mallet is the cork, and I'm the professor of musical glasses — tap, tap! 这支木头锤子就是只软木塞子,我就是会叫玻璃瓶唱歌儿的行家——嗒,嗒,嗒!
(Ahab to himself) (亚哈自言自语)
There's a sight! There's a sound! The greyheaded wood-pecker tapping the hollow tree! Blind and dumb might well be envied now. 好景致!好声音!那只老啄木鸟正在啄着一棵中空的树干呢!这可真叫瞎子、聋子妒忌呀。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/475649.html |