《童话镇》第184期:嫁妆(在线收听

 But this time I had a very... 但是这次

interesting talk with the grain merchant. 我和粮商聊得很愉快
Grain? We don't need any grain. 卖谷子的吗 我们不需要谷子
He has a daughter. She's ready for marriage. 他有一个女儿 到了嫁人的年纪了
He thinks the two of you would make a great couple. 他觉得你俩能凑成很完美的一对
Mother...  妈妈 我知道 我知道
I know I know. I hate myself for even bringing it up. 我知道 我知道 我根本就不该提起这件事
Let me guess. She has a dowry that will save the farm. 让我猜猜 她的嫁妆能拯救这个农场
We are running out of options. 我们已经没有选择了
Mother please. 母亲 求你了
As poor as we are love is one thing I can afford. 我们虽然穷 但我不想出卖爱情
I will find a way to save this farm 我会想到办法保护我们的农场
But I won't do it by marrying for riches. 但绝对不会是娶位有钱小姐
When I marry I want it to be because I choose 我结婚 一定是因为我选择了
to spend the rest of my life with someone I love. 和我所爱的人共度余生而结婚
When are you going to learn? 你什么时候才能懂
You can't have everything. 你不可能拥有一切
Oh perhaps he can. 也许他可以
A twin brother? 孪生兄弟
And you gave him to that man? 你把他交给那个男人了
We were poor barely surviving. 当时我们很穷 几乎无法生存下去
And... he came along with an offer. 然后 他出现了 提出了条件
One of you for the farm. 用你们中一个换取农场
Why didn't you ever tell me? 为什么你从没告诉我
The deal forbade us from ever speaking of it. 协议要求我守口如瓶
Your father regretted the decision the minute that man took your brother. 那个男人带走你哥哥的时候 你父亲就后悔做此决定了
He carried the guilt with him to his grave. 他到死都后悔此事
Hate to interrupt this tender moment. 真不想打断这温情时刻
Time is of the essence. 但是时间就是生命
Mother wait in the house while I deal with this. 母亲 进屋里等着 我来处理
What do you want from me? 你想要什么
Oh not me dear. The king. 亲爱的 不是我 是国王
He needs a prince to slay a dragon. 他需要一位王子去屠龙
I'm not a dragon slayer. 我不是屠龙者
No but your brother was. 对 但你哥哥生前是
This newfound kinship will be your salvation. 你新认的爸爸会帮你摆脱困境
Simply play the part. 只需扮演好你的角色
The king's knights will take care of everything else. 国王的骑士们会处理好其他事情
All you must do 你只需要
is deliver the dragon's head to Midas. 将龙头上交给迈达斯
What's in it for you? 你有什么好处
What's in it for me is my business. 对我有什么好处跟你无关
You should be asking yourself what's in it for you. 你应该问问你有什么好处
You do this your poor mother 你同意 国王会保证 
Well the king is going to make sure she never wants for anything ever again. 你那可怜的母亲衣食无忧 心想事成
Your farm will be saved and you 你的农场得救了 而你
should you survive... 如果你活下来...
You shall come home the conquering hero! 你将会凯旋 成为得胜的英雄
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/thz/476470.html