英语听书《白鲸记》第984期(在线收听

 Chapter 129 The Cabin 第一百二十九章 船长室

(Ahab moving to go on deck; Pip catches him by the hand to follow.) (亚哈要走上甲板;比普抓着他的手要跟他一起走)
Lad, lad, I tell thee thou must not follow Ahab now. 孩子,孩子,我告诉你,现在你可不必跟亚哈喽。
The hour is coming when Ahab would not scare thee from him, yet would not have thee by him. 这会儿,亚哈决不把你吓跑啦,可也不要你在他旁边。
There is that in thee, poor lad, which I feel too curing to my malady. 可怜的孩子,我正是在你身上,觉得有一种对我的毛病能对症下药的东西。
Like cures like; and for this hunt, my malady becomes my most desired health. 这叫以毒攻毒;就拿这次猎击来说,我的毛病已经变成我所最期求的健康了。
Do thou abide below here, where they shall serve thee, as if thou wert the captain. 请你就留在舱里吧,他们会服侍你,把你当做船长来服侍。
Aye, lad, thou shalt sit here in my own screwed chair; another screw to it, thou must be." 喂,孩子,你可以坐在我这只转椅上;不过,你得再给它加上一颗螺丝钉。
No, no, no! ye have not a whole body, sir; do ye but use poor me for your one lost leg; 不,不,不!你并不是一个身体完整的人,先生;请你就把我这个可怜人当做你那条失掉了的腿去使吧;
only tread upon me, sir; I ask no more, so I remain a part of ye. 你尽管在我身上踩好啦,先生;我别的没有什么要求,我就是你身体的一部分了。
Oh! spite of million villains, this makes me a bigot in the fadeless fidelity of man! 啊,尽管这世界有无数的恶棍,可是,这却叫我迷信起人类还有一点忠诚!
and a black! and crazy! — but methinks like-cures-like applies to him too; he grows so sane again. 而且还是个黑人,是个疯子!——不过 我想,也得对他施用以毒攻毒的方法;他又变得这样神志清楚了。
They tell me, sir, that Stubb did once desert poor little Pip, 我听说,先生,斯塔布曾经丢弃过可怜的小比普,
whose drowned bones now show white, for all the blackness of his living skin. 他那淹死的骨头已经发白啦,尽管他活着的皮色是墨黑的。
But I will never desert ye, sir, as Stubb did him. Sir, I must go with ye. 可是,我却永远不丢弃你,先生,我决不学斯塔布丢弃比普的样。先生,我一定要跟你一起走。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/478013.html