英语听书《白鲸记》第985期(在线收听) |
If thou speakest thus to me much more, Ahab's purpose keels up in him. I tell thee no; it cannot be. 如果你再这样跟我唠叨下去,亚哈的目的就都要搁浅啦。我对你说不行;这是不行的。 "Oh good master, master, master! 啊,好主人呀,主人,主人!
Weep so, and I will murder thee! have a care, for Ahab too is mad. 还要哭,我可要把你宰啦!得留神,亚哈也是个疯子。
Listen, and thou wilt often hear my ivory foot upon the deck, and still know that I am there. 听着,你还可以常常听到我的牙腿踏在甲板上的声音,还可以知道我在那上面。
And now I quit thee. Thy hand! — Met! True art thou, lad, as the circumference to its centre. 现在,我可得跟你分手了。伸出你的手来!——握一握!孩子,你就真象圆周绕着圆心一样的忠诚。
So: God for ever bless thee; and if it come to that, — God for ever save thee, let what will befall." 因此,但愿上帝永远保佑你;如果有什么意外,——都随它来吧,上帝会永远保护你。
(Ahab goes; Pip steps one step forward.) (亚哈走了;比普向前跨上一步)
Here he this instant stood, I stand in his air, — but I'm alone. 这就是他刚才站着的地方;我照他的样子站在这里——可是,我却是孤零零的。
Now were even poor Pip here I could endure it, but he's missing. 现在就是有可怜的比普在这里,我也受得了,可惜他不见了。
Pip! Pip! Ding, dong, ding! Who's seen Pip? He must be up here; let's try the door. 比普,比普!叮,咚,叮!谁看到过比普嘛?他一定是在这里;让我来敲敲门。
What? neither lock, nor bolt, nor bar; and yet there's no opening it. 怎么?没有锁;又没有插销,也没有门闩;而且也没有通路。
It must be the spell; he told me to stay here: Aye, and told me this screwed chair was mine. 这一定是有符咒;他要我待在这地方:啊,他还对我说,这只转椅是我的。
Here, then, I'll seat me, against the transom, in the ship's full middle, all her keel and her three masts before me. 那么,我就坐在这里吧,背靠着横材,坐在船的正中央,前边是船身和三支桅杆。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/478014.html |