美国小学英语教材3:第192课 救生犬雅克(7)(在线收听

Taking the little letter in my mouth, I climbed out of the ditch,

我嘴里含着这封小信,爬出了战壕,

hurried across the field, which was quiet now and almost dark, and found my way back to the big car.

匆匆穿过了战场,这里现在已经安静下来,天也儿乎黑下来了,我摸回了那辆大汽车。

I dropped my letter at the feet of one of the men who were there,

我把信放在了那儿的一个人的脚下,

and in a short time I was leading them back over the field to my dear master's side.

很快我就带着人又返回战场,来到了我亲爱的主人身边。

That night we were both taken to the hospital my master with a wounded arm, and I with a broken leg.

那天晚上,我们都被送进了医院,我的主人一只胳臂受了伤,而我的一只腿受了伤。

It's funny how a dog's leg can be broken and he not know it.

有趣的是,狗的腿是怎么受伤的,连他自己也不知道这是怎么回事。

In a few weeks my leg was well and strong again,

几周之内,我的腿好了,又强壮了起来,

and I went back to the battlefields, where I helped save many other poor wounded soldiers.

我再次回到了战场,在战场上我又救了许多别的受了伤的可怜上兵。

But my master was sent home.

而我的主人却被送回了家。

The war has now been over for a long time, and we are back at the little farm, just as happy as we can be.

现在,战争已经结束很长时间了。我们又回到了那间小农场,为我们的幸福各尽所能。

To be sure, I am a little lame from my broken leg, and my master has only one arm.

没错,我受了伤的腿有一点跛,而我的主人只有一支胳臂了。

But Francis is old enough to take care of the little farm, and I can still watch Cosette.

但是,弗朗西斯已经长大,足以照料小农场,而我仍然可以照看珂赛特。

Francis is proud of me, because an army officer put a badge around my neck for being brave.

弗朗西斯为我感到自豪,因为一位军官因为我的勇敢将一枚勋章挂在了我的脖子上。

But I am proud only because I was able to save my masters life.

但是我仅仅因为救了主人的命而自豪。

That is worth more to me than many badges.

对我来说,这比许多勋章都更有价值。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d3c/479330.html