看老友记学英语 喂,别闹了好不好?(在线收听

Ross: Ok, Pheebs. See how I'm making these little toys move? Opposable thumbs. Without evolution, how do you explain opposable thumbs?

Phoebe, 看我玩这些小玩具,可对立的拇指!没有进化论怎么发展出可对立的拇指?

Phoebe: Maybe the overlords needed them to steer their spacecrafts.

也许外星主宰需要拇指才能够驾驶飞碟。

Ross: Please tell me you're joking.

请说你是在开玩笑。

Phoebe: Look, can't we just say that you believe in something, and I don't.

能不能说你相信进化论而我不相信?

Ross: No, no, Pheebs, we can't, ok, because

不行,Phoebe, 不能这样为什么不行?

Phoebe: What is this obsessive need you have to make everyone agree with you? No, what's that all about? I think, I think maybe it's time you put Ross under the microscope.

为什么非得每个人都同意你?这是怎么回事?你知道我怎么想吗?我想你也许应该好好检视一下Ross这个生物了。

Ross: Is there blood coming out of my ears?

我耳朵有没有流血?

Joey: Check it out, check it out. Heckles' high school yearbook.

看看这个Heckles的高中同学录。

Chandler: Wow, he looks so normal.

他看起来好正常。

Phoebe: He's even kind of cute.

甚至有点可爱。

Joey: "Heckles, you crack me up in science class. You're the funniest kid in school.

“Heckles你上科学课总是让我捧腹大笑”。“你是全校最有趣的学生”。

Chandler: Funniest? Heckles?

最有趣?Heckles?

Joey: That's what it says.

上面是这样写的。

Chandler: Wow, Heckles was voted class clown, and so was I. He was right. Would you listen to that?

Heckles被选为班上的活宝我也是。他说得对!听听那个噪音?

Phoebe: I would call that excessive.

的确是很吵闹。

Chandler: Whoa!

哇!

Joey: What?

什么?

Chandler: Heckles played clarinet in band, and I played clarinet. And he was in the scale modeler's club, and I was, well, there was no club, but I sure thought they were cool.

Heckles在乐队演奏竖笛我也是。他参加模型俱乐部我也……虽然我的学校没有俱乐部但我觉得模型很酷。

Joey: So, you were both dorks. Big deal?

所以你们两个都是书呆子。有什么大不了吗?

Chandler: I just think it's weird, you know? Heckles and me, Heckles, and me, me and Heckles...Would you knock it off?

我觉得很怪,Heckles与我…Heckles与我,我,我与Heckles……喂,别吵好不好?

Joey: Have you been here all night?

你整晚都在这里?

Chandler: Look at this. Pictures of all the women that Heckles went out with. Look what he wrote on them. Vivian, too tall. Madge, big gums. Too loud, too smart, makes noise when she eats. This is, this is me. This is what I do.

看看这个,Heckles交往过的女人照片。看看他在上面写的“Vivian, 太高大”“ Madge, 牙龈太多”。“太聪明”“吃东西发出声音”,这就是我。这就是我的作法。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/klyjxyy/498496.html