看老友记学英语 当瑞秋毛遂自荐时(在线收听

Oh, uh, Joanna I was wondering if I could ask you something.

喔,Joanna,能不能请教你一点事?

There’s an opening for an assistant buyer in Junior Miss…

有一个将初级文员提升到助理采购人员的机会…

Okay, but that would actually be a big step down for me.

不错,但是好像对我来说是个退步。。。事实上,我是说我挺合适的。

Well, actually, I meant for me. The hiring committee is meeting people all dayand…

招聘委员会将整天都接见有意向的人员,而且。。。

Oh. Well, I wish I could say no, but you can’t stay my assistant forever.

噢,我希望我能说不,但是我不能一辈子把你留在我助理的位置上。

Neither can you Sophie, but for different reasons.

Sophie你也不能去,但是原因就不是这个了

God, I am so glad you don’t have a problem with this,

天!我真高兴你这么宽容大量!

Because if you did, I wouldn’t even consider applying.

因为如果你稍有微辞的话,我就不会去报名了

Really? Well, in that case…

真的么?那么…

and that’s I’m so glad… there’s no problem.

我非常高兴你同意了…没什么问题了。

That’s fine; actually I’m on the hiring committee,

那好吧,其实我也是招聘委员会的一员,

so there’ll be at least one friendly face.

所以你去的时候至少可以看到张熟面孔

Ohh! That’s great!

噢!太好了!

You know, Junior Miss is where I started.

你知道,我也是从初级文员干起的。

Oh, I had to sleep with the ugliestguy to get that job.

噢,那时候我为了得到那份工作,不得不跟最丑的男人上床。

Really?!

真的?!

No-ho-ho! (Pause) Yeah. (Pause) I mean, no-no-no-no-no,

假~~嗯是真的。我是说---假的!

Don’t you worry, I’m sure with your qualifications you won’t need to sleep with some guyto get that job.

别担心,我可以肯定,以你的资历,肯定不用跟男人上床来得到这份工作。

Although, I might need some convincing.

虽然我对此并不十分信服。

Well, I, umm…

哦,我,呣…

Kidding! God, I feel wild today!

开玩笑的!天,我今天还真有点兴奋!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/klyjxyy/500189.html