看绯闻女孩学英语 152(在线收听

Gossip Girl: Long ago, when European royals grew bored with palace balls,

很久以前,当欧洲皇室厌倦了宫廷舞会,

they took a page from the peons and added some pageantry.

他们就从男仆中挑出一名,再增加几分华丽

couture and canap are just another Saturday night until you add a mask,

女装和餐前点心不过只是每个周六晚的例行公事,直到你可以戴上面具。

but preparing for a ball is an event in itself,

但是为舞会做准备,本身就是件大事。

which is why queens invented handmaidens.

所以女皇创造了女仆这一职业。

Jenny: So the dresses should be delivered and I’ll take the small stuff with me.

这件礼服麻烦送一下,这些小配件我拿走。

Glasses: Which one's yours?

哪件是你的?

Jenny: oh, no. I’m just helping Blair, but I mean, you know, we'll see.

噢,不是,我只是帮Blair。但是谁知道以后会怎样。

Glasses: Well, here's hoping. we'll put it on Blair's tab.

用这个祝福你,我们会把这个算在Blair的帐单上,

Jenny: Oh, no, no, no.

噢,不行,不行.

Glasses: The girls at that party are my best customers.

参加那个派对的女孩子都是我最好的顾客,

why not show off my latest wares? Just return it after the ball.

何不帮我宣传一下最新商品呢? 等到舞会结束还回来就是了。

 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/504137.html