商业周刊:让女性能够安全约会的社交应用(13)(在线收听

In 2017, Bumble threw a party and hired the band Spoon to play at the opening of its new headquarters.

2017年,Bumble在新总部开幕式上举办了一个派对,并聘请了勺子乐队来演奏。

Some employees were invited; others saw party photos on Instagram and wondered why they'd been left out.

一些员工受到邀请;另一些人在Instagram上看到了派对照片,想知道他们为什么没有受邀。

Wolfe Herd is adamant that she has never knowingly treated employees unfairly.

沃尔夫·赫德坚信,她从来没有故意不公平地对待员工。

"It's not like we're like, 'You're our favorite, you get to go to Lollapalooza,'" she said.

她说:“我们并不是说‘你是我们的最爱,你可以去洛拉帕洛萨。’”。

That party had been primarily for media, and it just wasn't possible to invite all of Bumble's then-40 employees to the opening of the company's offices.

那次聚会主要是为媒体举办的,不可能邀请Bumble当时的40名员工参加公司办公室的开幕仪式。

"We have a fire code issue, OK?"

“我们是有规定的,好吗?”

Today, Bumble has about 140 employees.

今天,Bumble有大约140名员工。

It's expanded its office space and scaled back the birthday presents and is 51% white, which makes it significantly diverse.

它扩大了办公空间,缩小了生日礼物的数量。员工中51%的人是白人,这加大了多样化。

Visitors to its headquarters can select their preferred gender pronouns.

参观其总部的游客可以选择他们喜欢的性别代词。

Company lunches have vegan options. "We do Woke Wednesdays," said Caitlin Sullivan,

公司午餐可以选择素食。凯特琳·沙利文说:“我们有一个周三觉醒的活动。”

who until recently was Bumble's associate director of people and culture,

他直到最近还是Bumble的人文副总监,周三觉醒是指一个内部项目。

referring to an internal program where outside speakers talk about social issues.

在这个项目中,外来嘉宾谈论社会问题。

"We had someone talk about the bamboo ceiling, which is about Asian people just having a really hard time moving up within corporations."

“有人谈到了竹制天花板,这是指有关亚洲人在公司内部很难升迁的问题。”

When Wolfe Herd learned that former employees were talking to me, she asked that I fly to Texas so she could address their allegations in person.

当沃尔夫·赫德得知前雇员在和我谈话时,她要我飞到得克萨斯州,以便她能亲自解决他们的指责。

She appeared shocked by what she heard, and that people were afraid to come forward by name.

她似乎对自己听到的话感到震惊,人们不敢说出自己的名字。

"I would never suggest anyone get in trouble for speaking their truth," she said.

“我绝不是意指任何人因为说出真相而惹上麻烦,”她说。

Of course, she added, if they did say something, "technically, somebody at the company could sue.

当然,她补充道,如果他们真的说了些什么,“严格来说,公司里的人可以起诉,

That is according to the law. Not according to my wishes."

这是法律规定的,而不是凭借我的意愿。

She alternated between asking me if she was a bad CEO and saying she felt employees' criticism of Bumble was unfair.

她时而问我她是不是一个糟糕的CEO,时而说她觉得员工对Bumble的批评是不公平的。

"It's almost like, because we're a company with a mission that is trying to not just pump a product,

“这几乎就像是,因为我们是一家肩负着使命的公司,不仅要为产品打气,

but pump a product that raises eyebrows and turns the tables, we're kind of being held to unrealistic standards," she said.

还要为让人扬眉吐气,扭转局面的产品打气,我们有点被束缚在不切实际的标准之下,”她说。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syzk/508398.html